Should a girl ask a guy out? or nah?

I'm kinda caught in a tough situation here... I really like this guy, and our school pre-formal (dance for year 9 & 10/freshman & sophomore) is coming up, and I really wanna go with him. The problem is that he is extremely shy, and hasn't had any experience with girls before, and I'm not sure if I should ask him to pre-formal or not... I'm so scared that he won't like me (he doesn't really talk much so no one knows who he likes), but my friends keep telling me that they think he likes me but I'm not sure if they are just being nice about it because they are my friends or if they actually think he likes me or not... Anyways, my point is should I ask him to pre-formal or not? He's super shy and I'm not sure what to do because I seriously like him a lot... please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes ask him. If he is shy like you say. He will not ask you. He could very well be thinking he wants to go. But can't get a date, so he won't.

If you don't ask. You may regret not taking the chance when you had it.

What Guys Said 3

• sure ask him. what's the worst that can happen? he says no right? then you have your answer and can move on

• Ask him before it's too late.

• You should ask. I have a good feeling you'll like the answer :)

What Girls Said 2

• Oh yeah, ask. Bet he says yes, and that will feel awesome. :)

• Ask him out. I know a ton of girls who did. Whats the worst that can happen? He better be glad someone asked him out!