Are celebrities who make songs criticizing their EX boyfriend's immature?

Are celebrities who make songs criticizing their EX boyfriend's immature

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I used to have a lot of respect for Taylor Swift. But I lost the respect when she decided to get revenge on her ex boyfriend by writing rude songs about him. If she didn't like the guy, just break up with, don't publicly humiliate him! On the other hand, I understand be inspired by your love life to write songs, but if you're going to write songs, either write nice ones & don't tell anyone who the bad songs are about. It was obvious by all of her actions who songs were about Harry Styles. I honestly feel kind of bad for Harry, & respect him for not going down to her level & making fun of her in return.

What Girls Said 8

• id go with no. having best friends in a signed band, the record encourages it. why? because it becomes good music, music is about emotion and telling a story that others can relate to. when its your own personal feelings the story is better hence the song is better. Example: Adele. good voice or not her entire cd is based on personal experience and that's why her lyrics are so powerful.

• Too much of that and it becomes overbearingly childish. Like Taylor Swift and every other hit single of hers being about her exes. One or two breakup songs by one artist may have a powerful impact, but too much of that and we begin associating them only with sappy self-pitying... hard to ignore the background behind the song.

• Not necessarily. I mean, if you write your own songs, naturally they're gonna be about things you experienced.

• If the celebrity CLEARLY points out who they are singing about, yes. If not, then no. Music is an expressive art, used to express emotions or other things. So, it is to criticize someone, go ahead just don't say who/give out obvious hints or comments on who he or she may be.

• No its just music to me.

• You could've just said T-Swizzle

• yes if you mean Taylor swift

• Yes it means they really had nothing going for their personal lives except for that bf

What Guys Said 3

• It really depends.

One of the better examples I've found of ones that are actually really clever and totally not immature is Paramore's album Brand New Eyes (also my favourite of their albums). This album maps an emotional journey following Hayley and Josh's breakup where it starts quite negative and critical but shifts tone and pace starting with The Only Exception, something like a change of perspective, hence the album title Brand New Eyes.
    At least that's how I view it, and I think it's quite brilliant.

But for the most part (like 99.9%), yes, absolutely they are immature.

• Thats why I prefer instrumental music

• I can't stand that at all when celebrities stoop to those standards. :/