Does anyone prefer a long distance relationship, over a normal relationship?

It seems like a lot of the people I know are happier fantasizing about their ldr than people in conventional relationships. I guess not being around the other person, makes them not notice all the little flaws that get on peoples nerves. They may want to be together, but they seem happier than couples that are together. Has anyone else noticed this?

Most Helpful Guy

• ldrs are dangerous. the person you fall in love with is your idealized version of them, not who they actually are. If you're fine living in a world of delusion, then ldrs are fine, but for me, nothing compares to being around and spending time with someone you truly care for.

• That is what I am talking about. Some people seem happier with the idealized version of their partner, than people seem to be with a real person. That is why I was wondering if some people might actually prefer them.

What Girls Said 2

• nah i know i wouldn't b able to do it.

• No, I honestly don't think long distances relationships work most of the time. Plus, you never know if you're being catfished.

What Guys Said 1

• Much prefer close ones, where you can actually meet and feel the warmth in their hand in yours ^_^