Dealing with RACE AND NOSEY MOMS help?

We dated while we where in highschool and his grandmother found out and said he isn't allowed to date out of his race. So we broke up his mom was the one to break the news to me cause he didn't have the heart to do it. We remained friends all during the last 2 years of school. When we graduated he move to Arkansas this year he came home on vacation and saw me and decided he can make his own decisions now so we are dating. Now that we are back together his mom , dad sisters , and brothers, aunts, uncles are happy for us. But we have one big problem. HIS grandperents don't know yet!!! I think he's afraid of being disowned. He wants me to meet his family face to face but i am scared to do that because im afraid of being mistreated. Just because im African American. Im afraid to lose him again because of the same reason even though he tells me there is nothing that can break us apart unless i can't take it.
Even though i like his mom and i love that he supports us 100% but she's so nosey. She reads his Facebook messages and listens to his voice-mail and calls him her baby every time i talked to her its so annoying i need help !!!

Most Helpful Girl

• well it is his mother, if i was you i wouldn't even try to get in between that. If he complains about it tell him to confront her, but u shouldn't do it yourself, because no matter how much she likes you, she might not take it the right way. Discuss it with him and let him speak up for himself. About grandparents i dont really know.. sorry, but whatever you do don't make problems with the parents, by maybe by accident insulting their parents. Really push him to defend u and him and if both of are serious let him know how important this is to u.

What Guys Said 6

• Interracial is ALL I date! My happiness comes before my racist parents on anyday!

• moms like that are totally annoying... team up with your friend and tell her to get the F outta here

• If your emotions are real it shouldn't matter at all. his grandparents can get off their high horse and either have a role in his life or they can be ignored from then on.

• No. For one, dating is hard enough as it is--and similarities with your date usually makes it easier, while differences make it harder.

For two, I'd want my kids to look like me.

For three, many sources agree that bi racial children suffer mental problems at a higher rate than mono-racial kids. I have to wonder if there isn't more genetic differences among races than we realize... and somehow, trying to combine two difference sets from difference races makes mental disorders more likely.

blendedpeopleamerica.com/.../...th-in-america.html

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/

• " I'd want my kids to look like me." lol that is such a cliche answer

• if a wight lik dis, would u fel bettar, QA? mo on u level?

• Both my exs were black, lol never really caused a problem, if ya like someone, you like them... end of ^_^ colour don't matter

• I'm more into Caucasian women, but if I find a women from another race that's worth it, I wouldn't say no.

What Girls Said 5

• I have done it. I've dated a black guy once (I am also AA) but I mostly date white guys. Not on purpose or because I LOVE their race but because they always show interest in me.

• lol memories. I'm so glad I don't deal with that shit anymore.

How old is that man? Why is she reading all his shit?

• he is 25

• yea it dont but happens ill be like did u get the pictures i sent you he was like no he said i dint have any notifications son he looked and the pics where there he asked his mom did she open them she said yes good thing they where not bad pictures they where of a ring i wanted since we are taking about getting married and we didn't tell any anyone

• Bye lol how did she check his text messages from 1000 miles away?

• Well I'm currently dating a guy outside my race, so yeah

• Yeah. I've dated a lot of white and Asian boys

• Nah. Wouldn't do it again.

• I got you though. Trying to avoid the whole racist parent thing again.

• It did change! Whyyyyy? Lol

But yeah. She was crazy. And she was old. She was in her 60s and there was a couple times I really wanted to beat her ass. @lovebird321