Can someone explain what his problem was?

I found this quote and it explains the exact thing that I went through with my ex. This was over a year ago and I can't figure out why he treated me so awful one day and another day could be the sweetest guy ever. I can't get over it, I have never loved someone so much.

o, let me get this straight. You like her, but you're not sure if you want to be with her, but you like her enough to have sex with her, but you're not sure if you want to be more than just friends, but you want her to think of you as her boyfriend, but you enjoy being single, but you don't want anybody else to get at her, but you can flirt with other girls, but you get jealous when other guys talk to her, but you don't want to talk to her all of the time, but you want her to pay attention to only you, but you think it's annoying when she blows up your phone, but you don't like it when she talks to other guys, but you don't want to be tied down yet, but you want her to act like she's your girl, but you don't want to be in a relationship, but you want her to be loyal to just you, but you just wanna have fun right now, but you want to be loved by her, but you're not ready to commit to only her?

Could it have been because he was damaged because of a past relationship? Immaturity?

One time he came over super drunk and said he wanted me to be there for him he was sick of immature relationships.
He said he knew he wasn't treating me right and he was sorry.
I walked off but I can't get over it. I haven't spoke to him since he is a monster. But what was the deal? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope this brings you some closure because I read this and feel you have no closure yet. This guy was abusing you he was not hitting you physically he left no bruises or broken bones that any person could see.

He punched you emotionally repeatedly and he punched you in your heart and in your mind and he went to work on your self confidence. He was and will continue to be an emotional abuser.

He does need to get help and until he gets it he is and will continue to be his own worst enemy no woman can fix him your love could not as you sadly found out.

In the end there was nothing more you could do to save the relationship and he did not want to be saved he just wanted to be sorry until the nest time and the next.

You may need some counseling to work through this to find the closure you deserve.

What Guys Said 1

• What's the deal? He's your ex. Stop worrying about it and causing yourself unnecessary confusion and heartache.

• Oh my gosh I know its awful! I dont know why I can't get over it. The guy I have now is a total sweetheart and yes I love him and am so greatful to have him, but its an unsolved story/lesson I just want to understand. I never got closure.

• You don't always get closure the way you expect in life. The best closure in this case is to stop dealing with him and move on.

What Girls Said 0