Is it okay for a Junior in high school to date a Freshman (also in high school)?

I'm a junior in high school and I like this Freshman who is a year younger than me. I asked my friends what they would think if I asked him to go to prom or homecoming with me as a friend. They said I would look desperate and it would be inappropriate for an older woman to take a younger man. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. If you like him, go for it. You are both in high school, who cares?

What Guys Said 1

• there is only a year difference. if it bothers them they can get over it lol. if you like him give the guy a chance and ignore anyone that has a problem with it

What Girls Said 1

• It is only a year difference. My boyfriend is a grade ahead of me. Where I come from there are much bigger age gaps than just that in adolescent relationships.