Do guys care about how many boyfriends you've had?

I've never had a boyfriend before and I am afraid that once I meet and guy and he finds out that he will be weirded out and it will scare him away. Do you guys think it matters? And do you usually ask a girl this right away?

Thanks!

620

Most Helpful Guy

• Ummm. Usually it's the other way around. Ex-boyfriends equal emotional baggage, damage and scarring. You would be a breath of fresh air for some guy rebounding from a relationship. You know there are a lot of guys who have never had a girlfriend. Maybe you should find one of them.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• it depends, but, "logically" i think its more about the experiences a girl has had with a guy more so than how many. though this depends on the individual. maybe not being "first" or near first turns them off. or maybe being with someone with a bit of time in the dating area is a good thing to them. Either way, honestly, being the first will almost always make them feel a bit more special and with a bit more responsibility in a way.

• Its actually a good thing for most guys, and most of them don't really care. And you don't want the ones who do, trust me.

• I could care less as long as i knew she cared about me. And If she still talked with them that would be a big problem.

• Yes, the higher the number the worse it is. What's worse was a girlfriend I had that would constantly talk about her various exes.

Having no boyfriends isn't a bad thing. It's not a competition. If you're also a virgin the only possible downside from a guys perspective is that you are inexperienced in the bedroom, but that can also be a positive as you are then a piece of clay he can mold.

• I wouldn't date a girl that has had sex with a bunch of guys. i don't like girls that have to always have a boyfriend for sex. It disgusts me.

• I care more about how much casual sex she's had than boyfriends.

• you are over thinking things

• My Ex told me she had 10 boy friends before, she also told me she had friends with benefits with her childhood friend... this made me think that she is not my soulmate, she was already been taken by many... and she still had feelings for her Ex's... So I dumped her for my own good

• virgin right? the only thing that may scare some guy is if a girl had lots of sex partners before, the guy will feel like he needs to be better then those together

• Actually, many guys prefer 'low mileage girls.
    I certainly do.

• dont think number matters more than quality

• No not really. I usually ask fairly early in dating, but just out of curiosity.

• Depends how old you are. If you're an adolescent you're fine, but if you're twenty seven I'd be cautious.

• Well I'm a guy so I don't care for boyfriends lmfao girlfriends <3 yehhhhhhh

• No actually that's the kind of girl I want

• Most guys don't care. Hell, some will be glad to be their first boyfriend.

• Yes, I am only interested in virgins

• No, if you don't care, they won't care either.

• doesn't matter to, although unfortuneately it seems most girls do care on how many girlfriends a guy has had

• We do actually. But I think 0 and 20 is just as bad. You want something in the middle...

• D: not me well maybe because Im not that old yet...
      but i wouldn't have a good impression of anyone who has been with that many people, but thats not really what we should case the judgment on

• well it sucks how older girls think that way

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think guys care, but if he is ur first boyfriend then hell have to know your new to the dating world and you don't know everything on how to act but honestly it might make him happy because he has no ex's he has to worry about. He doesn't have to worry about them coming back and trying to take you. But then again if u havnt dated anyone he might ask himself why no one has wanted to date you and he might hesitate. But if he actually likes you then he won't care because he likes you for you. So just embrace ur lack of boyfriends. It makes you special

• I feel you, I'm in the same position as you. I feel like guys don't care but care about the experiences you had

• Not really. Most people don't ask anyways

• Only the insecure men do

• Guys don't care how many boyfriends you've had. What they care about is how many guys you've had sex with.

• No, I doubt that they would. I mean, if you tell them you've never had an official boyfriend, it may sound a little better. It's better than bitching about your ex, I do that and it scares so many guys away.