Girl on dating site has her profile setup like she's only their to hookup, but she doesn't act like it?

I've started messaging this girl who has her profile setup as if she's only looking for hookups and that sort of thing, but then when I message her and ask her things about herself she acts totally normal and answers my questions and asks questions in return. I'm not about hookups or anything like that, but I figured I would message her anyways. Honestly I thought girls like that would be more direct and straight to the point. Normally when I send messages to profiles like that, they act all flirty and asking me things like what I like to have done. etc. She's just acting normal. Do you think she purposefully made her profile like this to weed out guys who just want to fuck? fyi I'm confused on what her intentions are. haha

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what about the profile sounds like she wants to hook up... or if you feel it is being implied that she wants to hook up. Just because a girl writes "just here for friends" doesn't necessarily mean hooking up. Some girls just make profiles and don't care and even just put "will fill this out later" and stuff. So she may not be serious about meeting anybody and just want "chat buddies" which honestly is why a lot of guys stop using the sites. Many of the girls sign up with no intention of meeting people.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like a lonely suburban housewife. She needs friends. Most guys are going to chat with a girl that's not looking for anything serious. She knows that. If you're a "good guy" and you chat with her enough she might let you take her out for coffee. If she hasn't asked about your penis or meeting up yet after she got to "know" you then you're wasting your time with a chick who is most likely in a not so great relationship wherever she lives.

• It's only been a few days so Im just going to take it slow I guess.

• Nothing happens when I press the message button. Probably cause your profile is private. I hate it that they changed this site. It's too complicated. Don't worry about it. I'm just going to keep chatting with her and maybe she'll suggest something. I've been on pof for about 4 months and it seems most girls on their aren't serious at all. They just like the attention. I'm probably going to just go back to trying to approach girls in real life. I'm going to try a grocery store close to one of the colleges around my area and see if I find girls my age there.

• That sounds great!! Sorry I thought that might happen and every time I disabled the privacy for my page it just kept turning it back on. But anyway, I wouldn't ask her too many questions like the typical dating interrogation questions. I like hearing about people's hobbies and job and the people they encounter while doing them/it. Honestly I can engage in many conversations. As long as it doesn't seem like you are promoting yourself. Haha! Just have fun!! Find a balance in not caring so much and not caring at all!! From what I can gather you seem pretty cool! Salut my friend!

• I think you like her and you don't want to believe in that she is interested in hookups. If she sets as she is interested in hookups, believe it that way. Wait until she just says the opposite.

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the site, if you're looking on an adult dating site hook ups are common place and she is acting strange, but if you are on a site like plenty of fish then your perception is off.