First Date; Should men pay IF intrested?

I went on a "date" this past weekend, it was my first time meeting him.

My girlfriend is talking to one of his friends and thats how we met. So me n this guy started talking and he finally wanted to meet me face to face i agreed. well he told his buddy he was going out with me (the guy my girlfriend is talking to) my date NEVER told his buddy to come out with us... however my girlfriend told me that her guy said that he was coming to n that its going to b us four... well my date didn't know that so he was suprised to see his friend n also my friend... rather than myself. :/

well the night continued and we ened up hitting it off! i mean not an awkward moment for us we just kept on talking and i was noticing an attraction towards him.. however he had mentioned that he want to take it slow... which is fine with me... until the end of the night he did NOT pick up my tab n did not pay for my drinks.

i know this is 2014 but if a man is intrested he would pick up that tab, its not about the money really cause i can take care of my tab. i guess its just a matter of respect.

he still contacts me n still wants to go on a 2nd date just us two... should i give him another chance even though he didn't pick up my tab? do you think he is intrested?

Most Helpful Guy

• It should always be split. I think you are expecting to be treated better than you want to treat him. I hope he moves on to someone who wants somebody to put the same amount of effort. How would you feel if he expected you to pay for his meal and drinks? I bet you wouldn't like it and think he's selfish

What Guys Said 9

• If the guys asks you out he should pay.

If the girl asks the guy out she should expect to at least pay for her half of the bill. Most guys however will still settle the whole bill.

The fact that your girlfriend and some other guy showed up turned this from a date to a dinner party, so in his mind he probably thought everyone was going to chip in and split the bill.

Your girlfriend and the other guy really should not have joined the two of you. As a guy, I can think of nothing worse than two other people showing up on a blind date.

• It doesn't matter if its 2014 or 2100 or whatever, I'm not a nice pushover guy but gentleman's rule says a man pays for the women, we learned that from our fathers.
    HOWEVER since your date was not a private date I don't blame him. Try it one more time this time make sure you go alone and see what happens.
    I do pay, hold the door and everything but when we are alone. If there are other I don't do that. I have make her understand that what I do is special for HER and not others. Get it?

• From Seth Myers on SNL's Weekend Update:
    "New research suggests that men who are "too nice" on Valentine's Day and buy their women too many gifts make the women suspect that the men are cheating. So your instincts were right: You CAN'T win! "

• Speaking as a romantic here, unless it has been mutually agreed that you share the bill, the guy should always pay!

• Well, don't you believe in equality, that men and women are equal? You wouldn't approve of a guy paying for a girl's night out and then expecting something of her? I mean, maybe he should've paid for dinner after you made it, haha. How far back do you want to go?

• Are you crazy or what! Pay for your own damn drink. Go Dutch this shows independence and maturity! Grow up! That way your not obligated to him or any other way and likewise for him. He doesn't owe you jack, but good conversation. What us men have to pay to talk? Grow up!

• lol! relax, i dont mind it. but people who i speak to state that men who dont pay are not intrested! thats all... its not so much about the money like i stated... its much more if he's intrested or not...

• Paying something for someone after just talking a little bit doesn't have to show any interest at all. Nemesis8 is right.

• its not a matter of respect it just the gentleman thing to do, he may not have been as equally interested in you as you are in him, either that or he's a tight arse

• My rule is the man pays def for the first few dates...

• Whoever asks out should pay.

What Girls Said 3

• a guy will pay IF he's interested and your someone he wants to impress

from my observations, guys who trip about paying for the first date are guys not worth dating. a lot of times theyre just dating you but don't wanna put effort into you. guys like that tend to just be out for easy sex and don't wanna "waste" their money

• I feel a guy should at least offer... In the end, I'm gonna pay my own half. I just feel better knowing that he offered

• he should pay