Is it weird that I've been rejected so many times I've just become desensitized to it?

Any time I ask a guy out or like a guy I get rejected. I live in a small town and am in highschool. Is it weird that I am that way or not?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, honestly rejection isn't that big of a deal. Actually, what I am more worried about is one day, some girl coming and leading me on. Now that's going to hurt, especially because I have never had a girl interested in me. But simple rejection, eh...

But I know that feel. High school is kind of like prison. You are confined to a small pool of people and the vast majority are shallow and/or insecure (I am the latter, so I am not down-talking anyone here). Life experience is lacking. The brain is still developing. From what I hear, it's not uncommon to become a lone wolf (like I am) and many people seem to struggle with dating or if they do start dating someone, that relationship is filled with problems. Overall, it just isn't a very good environment for dating.

What I have recently learned though is I think a better way to go about things is to just living your life and working towards being happy on your own, getting some friends, etc and instead of trying to look around and see which guys to ask out, to just accept that when the time is right, he will naturally walk into my life (originally this was written from a male first-person point of view, so I have adjusted it to fit in the style of giving advice).

I don't know, but you might just be trying to hard to find someone. That's what I have been doing for the past 7.5 months and I have decided to stop and just do the above because for one, from what I hear From what I hear, some people say that doing this is actually more likely to make you run into a COMPATIBLE partner because you're being yourself and then the girls you attract as a result are attracted to the true you so it all works out and makes sense and is aligned. Ever notice how taken people report getting hit on more? I think when we are actively looking for someone, for one we possibly give off needy/desperate vibes and/or we end up not being ourselves and at best this makes us end up with the wrong people and worst, you don't get any dates.

• continued...

• ugh, in the first "continued" comment, there's a typo. Remove, "I'll" before "talk to him".

• This is actually easier said than done. I myself am struggling to follow my own advice. That desire for a girl/guy can be really strong at times. But ideally, this is what you (and I) should strive to do.

What Guys Said 7

• no , you should proud of yourself , people tend to hold back , scary of rejection , and you are the exception..

• Nope. For me personally I've just become empathetic to the whole thing

• i agree with bastuss i hate rejection and im scared of rejection i can't even ask my crush out because im scared of rejection

• Nope us men get used to it.

• What does desen

• Well, better being desensitized and therefore not scared of it than being terrified (me) and not asking out the (possible) girl of your dream...

• you should move to my place, a bit of eye liner and attractive dress would gonna make guys chase you everywhere, even the fattest one get it easy

What Girls Said 3

• why will you ask a guy out?
    its not brave or good like many people will tell you... your out of touch with your own femininity, its deeply unattractive regardless of all the BS others will tell you.

a woman is the fruit of nature, the flower.. she is to her self, lovely and beautiful... the man is the animal that comes for the fruit... if the fruit is not on the tree where it belongs then he will walk over it for the fruit that is.

• I accidentally clicked yes but i meant no! It has happened to me many times also. No guy has ever liked me and every guy i have ever liked has rejected me

• That's good. I wish I had that attitude. At least you're brave enough to ask them. I'm just a pussy.