Is he ready to be my boyfriend??

I've been seeing this guy for a month and a half. We go on dates, and for the moment we aren't seeing other people. It took him a while to warm up to me, but now we kiss, hug, and talk just like we're together but we both know we are only dating and nothing more.

I really like this guy, the more I get to know him. I decided that I should ask him if he wants to be my boyfriend, but I don't know if he's ready.

My first question is how do I know he's ready to take things to the next step? Any signals to look out for? Secondly, how do I go about bringing this up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, I haven't seen you post a question or answer in a while. I think the best way to find out is to ask him something that involves the both of you in a future sense. Something that questions whether he enjoys spending the time he has with you. Guys rarely get the subtle hints so your gonna have to be direct. There's no easy way to ask this. Good luck and don't worry. What's life without a little risk? Every great relationship starting with one.

• Yeah my brain has been occupied lately, with this......

• Little tad,

"sk him something that involves the both of you in a future sense. "

I once did something like that: I asked a girl I was more than close with "what kind of person do you want be at 40? " A mean question (we were 18) but the answer was enough to know we would not fit together. Our relationship ended very soon after.

What Guys Said 4

• He is a shy and all preppy (wears khaki and polo shirt instead of combat boots and tattoo like you) kind of guy, right? Well, if he went so far as kissing and such, I think he went beyond casual and '"Oh Buffy, shall we let the help kiss our boy (insert New England accent)" proper so my suggestion is, mind you I know very little about you two, to ask him straight. You have been the wild one in the relationship all along anyway and he knows that. Anyway if asking backfire on you blame it on me. Really! I don't mind! Show him this message and blame it on me! Go ahead, ask, already!

• Based off what you type it seems like he may be thinking pretty the samething "Is it a right time to ask to be my girl" "I don't wanna scare her away" ,etc.I think he may be ready,but it's best to find out more about his past before you ask him.

Peace!

• Ask him: he might know

• yea he probably his

but yea...your pic scares me.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the best way to know if he's ready to take things to the next step is to get to know his past relationships. Like if he took things slow/fast in his past relationships. I think when he's ready, he will bring it up. Maybe right now he's just taking his time to get to know you. I mean a month and a half, in my opnion anyway.. means that you guys are still trying to get use to each other, and trying to find safety in each others comfort zone. I don't know how exactly you would bring it up. But for me, if I want to be discreet about it by not making it seem like I actually NEED to be in a relationship with him but I WANT to. I would hint it off