Muslim's only please. I've recently started dating a Christian man and I want him to convert to Islam how can I do that?

I met him a few weeks ago and seems like the perfect gentleman. We get along just fine and think we're a match. The only problem is that he is not a Muslim man. I've tried to convert him but it hasn't worked. Should I just leave him?

I have spoken to my Imam and my boyfriend has agreed to come to the mosque so that we may all sit together and learn more about Islam.

Most Helpful Guy

• u tell her about islam and do conversation about islam tell what real islam is and tell good things about islam and its benifits...

What Guys Said 48

• See, this is why I wouldn't date a muslim. They don't love me for me, they don't respect my views, they just demand that I change for them. And they'd want to circumcise my kids too, screw that.

• Did you read the title? please read it again.

• @mesonfielde The worst answer you gave to the girl? and you know what? her question was about how to make tea not about how SHE makes tea. and for your information Not All muslims are same.

• @hazal21 what's up with that about tea? Honestly, this whole religion debate would be much simpler if people just stopped believing that they are right just because there are others who believe the same thing. Especially if it's just a thousand years old book with mythical stories. I sure wouldn't base my life on that, nor would I want to convert others to believe in it. I adhere to no religion.

• I'm sorry to say you this, but I hope he leaves you. He doesn't deserve a woman that doesn't like him for what he is, for what he believes. Do you think that changing a grown man's mentality is that easy?
    I'm sorry, but I think what you're trying to do is a BIG lack of respect to that man.

• I actually think I'm helping him

• @ArabianPwincess197 I know not all Islam people are like this, I have plenty of Islam friends to prove it, that why I never referred to Islam, but to the asker. I never criticized Islam, I criticized her.

• No I know you didn't refer to Islam -you asked if it was in the Quran whether to respect people or not I was referring to that :)

• If he doesn't convert, your marriage will not be valid. That's why I wouldn't date a Muslim girl.

• Here's some advice.
    Don't.

• Being a Christian means believing in, and loving, the Holy Trinity and dedicating your life to living by its teachings. Pretty much the same kind of situation for other religions, too. So what does it say about your beliefs about God is you simply change your mind to another belief to marry someone? Did you really believe what you claimed to believe if it is so easy to toss it aside and take up a totally different belief? Yes, I know lots of people go through this change for their spouse-to-be, but it doesn't change my point of how real was their religious belief to just say it doesn't matter any more and go with something different?

• This is an issue that comes up more and more as time has gone on. Muslims meeting people of other faiths and finding out they are a good match, but their faiths dont match. Honestly this is something between you and god, and if you are ok with him not being Muslim then thats your prerogative. What it comes down to is whether you are willing to accept him as he is. Honestly depending on who you talk to is what they say. Mind you if you get married are you going to have an Islamic marriage or a Christian marriage? These are things you have to consider. What are you parents going to say, and what do you want to raise your children as. Since you have a bunch of people going on about how Islam is a terrible religion that oppresses its followers and whatever, just remember this, what you do, how you do it and what you are is between you and god.
    The question is are you ok with dating someone who is not of your religious background. Does he understand and respect that you are a Muslim girl?
    Also you can't just come off right out hey you need to convert in order to be with me. He has to convert on his own. Faith comes from the heart. If someone doesn't believe in a religion then its not a real conversion, its just something to placate you.
    If you would like to talk more message me.

• Seriously if you are over 30 you should be able to figure this out on your own. I have to wonder if you are trolling here.
      If you really are dating a Christian man and didn't know, then you two need to have a religion discussion. If neither of you are going to change religions then you have to decide if you want to move forward, if not then go your separate ways before things get more involved.

• i know... I will talk to him.

• "It wouldn't work because islam is the true religion and his religion is false" TELL HIM THAT AND SEE WHAT HE SAYS. I'm not even religious, and that statement pisses me off. I hope he dumps you, if you seriously can't respect his religion.

• Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from religious extremism.

• Threaten to cut his head off, see if that gets him to convert.

Am I really the first one to think of this?

• Don't leave him! You like him very much! :D.. don't convert him either! That's just not his religion and you should respect that, just like he respects your religion!. You cannot force someone into a religion so.. not gonna work! But totally stupid to dumb him because he has other beliefs. Go for him and just be a happy family. I don't get why religion can be such a problem nowadays.. it is 2014!

• As a Muslim woman, aren't you breaking the rules by dating in the first place? Especially dating outside of Islam? Why should he be the one to convert? His religion is fine with your relationship, your religion is the problem.

• i hope that he dumps you hard as soon as he hears of this. a persons faith is a very personal matter and if you can't love him in his own religion then i dont think that you have any basic human decency
    (i am writing as a christian that has lived for 3 years in muslim countries and has dated musim girls)

• i h8 people like u trying to change some1 into what u want...

i won't argue against ure right to have ure own religion but i will say fuck u and anyone that thinks the same as u... were supposed to let a religion like this exist in the world... im sry to all muslims but i h8 ure religion with a passion far beyond anything anywhere... its a hateful, destructive, anti everything, religion that automatically assumes everything not muslim is bad... I don't know anything about ure religion but i know that people like u are the reason i h8 muslims... if u muslims take offense to this stone this stupid bitch to death for being a fool and making u all look bad -.-

i apologize to all muslims (except this stupid bitch) who were offended by my words but this is my OPINION!

• You should both stop believing in fairy tales and face your own mortality! Be strong and open minded!

• How about you go to Christianity and get away from the women abusing religion? or will you're parents honor kill you if you convert?

• Conversion for me is out of the question.

• Well why do you think I'm personally so against Islam? I have debates about it all over the website. They do not respect human autonomy and freedom. Whoever disagrees, they murder them. And as you can see, they don't respect even the people they supposedly "love" as they force them to be someone else, as otherwise their family might kill them (yes it has happened before). They either kill the woman, or both of them, in the middle of the night in their own home. How messed up is that?

• thats why i get so mad at women who support Islam because they have no clue. I dont know you're name maam but I do want to tell you that Jesus loves you and that he died for you that you can be forgiven of you're sins by accepting him into you're life and he can give you the freedom you desire do you live here in the US?

• well to be honest, if you love him, why dont you change your religion? religions are real in everyway, it just depends on how you believe in it. if he changes his religion for you then role with it, but if he doesnt, dont blame him because he loves his god just as much as you love yours, and if you dont want to change yours either, then just leave him, be friends but dont actually leave him just because his a christian, love has no limits and its true but if i were you, look for another one, there are a billion fishes in the sea. sorry if im not muslim and giving my opinion by the way GLHF

• If he is anything like me its impossible. Nobody can ever convert me and not believe that Jesus is my savior and died for my sins, not even a gun to my head would convert me. All my God has done for me, I will never reject him.

• Holy SH*T don't do it. That can ruin your relationship with with big chance. I wouldn't force religion after even 5 years of marriage.

If you cannot accept him then leave. Jeez

• What is the problem whether he converts or not? You loved him while he was christian why do you wanna convert him now? If you really wanted a muslim guy you could hav just dated a muslim. My opinion is dont try to change him.. Learn to live with him that way cause you found him and loved him that way

• Apparently he actually believes what he says he believes!

Yes, leave him, stop trying to make him lose his salvation and be damned to hell!

• You can't tell me what to do. I'll talk to my Imam.

• Problem is, long term is impossible to predict. Did you predict the US army going into Iraq and severely reducing the population? No? For all the numbers can predict, there might be roving gangs in the USA raiding mosques and burning them to the ground in two years. It's just impossible to predict.

• ALLAH isn't REAL

• Look if your going to admit that Allah loves us all very much... and loves you unconditionally then you shouldn't worry about converting him. Mohammad preached that all Muslims should respect people of the book. Even Jesus was acknowledged in Islam as a holy figure.

• True but it's better if she leaves him as a Muslim woman cannot marry a non Muslim

• Not if you bring your children up Muslim ^^
      Muslim men can marry up to 4 non muslim wives... so yea you as a woman should be able to marry one as well... if Allah is so loving anyway right

• i can't tell if you're a troll or if you're serious (based on the responses I've seen you make here), but either way i feel kinda sorry for this guy. You're not willing to look at his religion, but you pretty much demand that he convert to yours.

• Depending on how devout he is, he may well believe that his religion is the one true religion just as fervently as you do. Many Christian beliefs are shared with Islam, including the belief in the God of Abraham, yet there are noticeable differences. Namely, that a muslim man may marry a Christian woman but a muslim woman may not do the same with a Christian man.

• Well clearly this guy isn't serious about whatever he believes if he's willing to date a MUSLIM girl. I'd go after him. Show up at his house naked or something, and just rage out on him demanding to have aggressive sex. That'll make him yours I'm sure. And if not, well, try the softer approach. Ask him if he wants to give being a muslim a try.

• you cant. dont even try. they're programmed sheep unwilling to change their ways, and its been beaten into them. find another guy. thats your only option. their religion views muslims as terrorists. no joke.

move on while you still can.

• Anything is possible.

• Why do you need him to convert anway. It's not like you are going to marry anytime soon. Or at all, because you are different religions.

• hm i'm sensing a contradiction here... a submissive muslim who suddenly becomes a controlling bitch?

may i suggest you have yourself crucified naked in public to prove your good faith toward him?

• oh be quiet you infidel.

• read the title

• lol you know the stupid little veil-head is right. i totally overlooked the qualification that only muslims reply. getting herself quite the little jihad going i see. rock on.

• Ayee Muslim cutie, do u wear the hijab or u dont?

• I wear a hijab.

• Is dat so.. are u in US? Muslim cuties who wear hijab dont give a damn about anyone except their own ppl._.

• I'm muslim too and i read your comments. you are saying that i'll talk with my imam. you don't need talk with anyone because there is the holy book quran. read these verses baqarah surah 221st verse, mumtahana surah 10th verse and ma'idah surah 5 th verse

• I will read those verses thank you brother.

• Why ignore him? How about you actually question your beliefs instead of just accepting them no matter what? Do you understand how dangerous and frankly retarded that is?

• don't worry, i'm already ignoring little kids who under 18 :)

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 50

• I don't think you should convert someone into Muslim in this way. I am Muslim too. I don't think your approach is correct. I like being a Muslim, but I can't force someone to be Muslim as me. Islam is a peaceful religion and there is no push in Islam. There is only willingness. Religion comes from heart. It is not on your tongue. When you say, it is not enough. You need to implement it and you need to feel it.
    If you're really disturbed that he isn't Muslim, better to leave him. Even Prophet didn't force people to choose Islam.

• If religion is so important to you and he's not willing to convert, then yeah, you're better off leaving him.

• Asalam Alekum Wa Rahmatallah Wa Barakatuhu sister. Its always great to meet another Muslim AlhamduLILLAH. To answer your question now firstly and foremost Islam is all about freewill and choice. So the answer to your question lies in this statement. Unless he himself doesn't revert to Islam you cannot ask him too. Cuz then he didn't do it because he wanted to. You get what I'm saying?

• Good answer. :)

• well the reason are two fold, one is to see the light, the second is to marry him and our children will also be muslim.

• Yes surely by asking him to convert you are doing a fabulous job -jeez woman stop being selfish. How MANY times do I have to say - if he wants to revert to Islam -it has to be because he wants to himself -not for you not for me or anyone else -but because he had that choice and he chose it,

• I'm going to be sick soon from all this popcorn

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m520z0XJyZ1rquf2k.gif

• you can't, unless he is a mindless and unintelligent man. Christianity is far better even philosophically speaking than Islam. it has some basis that it adopted from the ancient world. while Islam is an absolutely primitive religion in its beliefs.

There is a Persian Atheist writer Sadegh Hedayat from 100 years ago who was a linguist (one of the rarest individuals who translated some of the old Pahlavi books of Sassanid era) and a great story and playwrite, painter and scholar who speaks about Islam:
    "تمام فلسفه اسلام روی نجاسات بنا شده اگر پائین تنه را از آن حدف کنیم اسلام روی هم میغلتد و دیگر مفهومی ندارد."
    "The entire philosophy of Islam is built on Nejaasaat (Nejaasaat is the plural of nejaasat, Nejaasaat like 'a' in All and nejaasat like 'a' in after, and it can have different meanings but the main is filth including urine, excrement, and also every part that is unclean), and if we remove the lower body from it the beliefs fall rolling on each other and will not have any meaning anymore."
    izquotes.com/.../...-had-sadegh-hedayat-235982.jpg

he also has a good sense of humor and calls Islam 'the religion of ass wiping' (دین کونشویی) referring to the Islam's Ahkaam about how to wipe the ass in the right 'religious' way (if there was water in a way and if there wasn't how to do it with a stone).

and believe me no one likes to and needs to know and follow how to wipe his ass in an Islamic way to be able to date someone.

• your comment has been reported, it is offensive.

• when did I offend? the ways of wiping the ass is in the Ahkaam of your own religion. I didn't say anything from myself honey. =))))

• This is such an INAPPROPRIATE topic for here. I am an Agnostic as I am. Sciencetist but I was raised as Muslim from religious but respectful Muslim parents. My bf is German and he is protestant. i had a very deep and successful relationship since three years. As long as you have respect for each other, the relationship works. It has been just three weeks you say and you think of marrying. That is wrong at the first moment. Second is if you dont appreciate others' view and opinions and dont let them find their own way whether to Islam or Budhism or Christianity whatever, simply dont date dont interact with them. Such an idiotic question.

I think you just wrote this inappropriate question to raise HATRED BETWEEN OTHER PEOPLE AND ALSO ANIMOSITY. No sentence is quran says that ignore others be disrecpectful and non muslims are dirty and not allowed to get married. It embraces everyone. It is just not recommended to be with someone different as it might create problems when raising kids or other things if relationship grows. However, in your disrespectful attitude no relationship grows. Instead of wasting your time to CREATE ANIMOSITY, go get a life and read different views for better understanding.

• Ms, im a muslim, but u can't say stuff like ( islam is the true religion ) and you can't force someone like that , thats not how u do it, and if you want a muslim man then go find another one, just stop making us look stupid and bad, Dont force , thats not how it is , .

• Ayeee i didn't even know dat ur a Muslim cutie! =O

• I'm not going to listen to this sharmuta.

• LOL now im sharmuta, oh okay fine, and im not gunna listen to a fucked up muslim that has no mind and thinks she's good while calling people bad names, but ok thats funny

• why r u dating someone that ur trying to change? leave the guy alone-.-
    go date a muslim man if christianity bothers u so much. dont get y y'all do this.
    if he's not muslim, no ur not a match. its that simple.

• well i initially didn't know

• I get what u meant now...

• You can't make him convert, it should be his choice. Im a muslim myself and i wouldn't even dare to make him convert unless he wanted to.

• I think it's ridiculous that you expect someone to convert for you. Especially considering you've only been dating for a few weeks. Just think of it this way, would you convert if he asked you? I'm going to assume no.

I myself am muslim and I've been dating a guy who is catholic for 10 months. I would never feel the need to pressure him into converting to Islam. He can do his own thing and I'll do my own thing when it comes to religion.

If religion is that important to you then date a muslim man

• If you know Islam you know that you can't force him to convert. You either accept him as a Christian and convert to Christianity yourself and marry him. Or as Islam says: marry a Muslim man because that's your duty as a Muslima. You are not allowed to marry someone from a different faith.

I'm sure you wouldn't either convert to another religion as you believe that your religion holds absolute truth. Same thing goes for him. And Christianity is more peaceful than Islam (excluding Roman Catholicism.. they don't follow the word of Christ) Biblical Jesus is someone everyone can look up to and be proud to be his follower (he's more in the line of Buddha than Moses and Mohammed). So I can imagine a Christian staying a follower of Christ's way. If I had to chose between Judaism, Christianity and Islam I would be a follower of Christ. But I'm not religious.

• I will talk to my Imam to see if he can convince him to convert.

• that's the best. Talk to an Imam.. maybe try to convince the Christian man to talk to an Imam. But you can't force him and the conversion is only valid if he's convinced Islam is the right path for him. If he converts only to be able to marry you, in no time will he return to Christianity and that will make things only more difficult. So it's better to know now.. and to let go of him if he doesn't believe in Islam as his path.

• If it's that much of a dealbreaker, you should leave him. You've only met him A FEW WEEKS AGO. You really have no place to try to influence his religious beliefs.

• OMG just stop being stupid! What happen if he want you to convert to Christianity? Stop being selfish, let he do what he wants. My boyfriend is a Muslim and I'm a Christan reading your question pisses me off. Get over it!

• Well, once he marries you. You'll have to convert to Islam. He may not tell you now but it is an obligation. Muslim men whom marry kufirs are required to have their partner convert.

• That you won't convert on the long term :P

• @Mesonfielde He never really ask me about it so I didn't tell him, but if he asks I will straight up say no and explain that I only believe in Christianity since I was born and Jesus is my only God.

• I dated muslim guy before but we have never try to convert each other. You know why? Becoz if I want you to convert to other religion I want you to be sincere to ur own heart about choosing other religion.
    I don't want people that have half faith or just because I want you to.
    Break up with him, I think ur feelings is not sincere towards him. If he said he want you to convert to his religion can u accept it?

• you just can't force someone to convert their religion. Beside you just met him like few weeks? You don't even know him that well.

• How about you offer him to convert to Christianity in return? :D

• that's not possible. I will talk with my Imam to see if he can convince him.

• perfect hahah

• You can't make someone change if they don't want to. You can either work on being together despite your religious differences or leave him. Put yourself in his shoes, you belong to a faith that you are devoted to so how would you feel if someone came along that seemed like a good match and wanted you to convert his religion. Has he tried to convert you as well? Wouldn't you want acceptance? I feel like when a person tries to convert you unless they are open to it then that is a sign that you don't respect your differences and the relationship will always have conflict and consequently fail. I know couples that belong to different religious it can work if you just accept each other. Since you are not willing to do that then you should leave but if you keep trying to convert him then he might leave first

• You already tried to convert him and it didn't work.. it means its either fight for your love and don't make religion a big deal in relt'p.. or fight for your religion and forget about your relt'p if it won't workout in the end..
    You cannot force him to change unless he's willing to..

• i will see if my Imam will talk to him.

• Okay.. if he is not religious, maybe imam can convince him... or
      maybe its more better if you will just find muslim guy... thats just my opinion.. did he let you convert to christian? If no, then it means he accepts you as a muslim... you must also accept him as a christian to be fair (no double standards).. if not, then its easier to find muslim then...

• Okay if your relationship is this new, them now is not the time to make him convert religion. If you guys are considering marriage that's the time. Also oh cares if he's not Muslim. You can have relationships of mixed religions. don't force anything on him, but just mention it to him, or at least ask him to learn a bit about Islam. Also if he doesn't want to them just drop it, it's no big deal and firing him to would just drive you guys apart

• why Muslim only? the Nation of Islam is only 13% Muslim, and it was founded in Detroit by a Christian... it is not even a Muslim organization.

why try to convert someone else to something you do not even understand?

to many of you old women with no education, taught by some older noob's with less education

actually I think your just a Troll, its hard to imagine someone so clueless who also owns a computer.

• What crack did you smoke? Islam came from the 600s in the middle east by a pedophile rapist not a Christian? did I mention murderer and war monger?

• @Deadinside10 google is your friend :) The Nation of Islam (NOI) is a syncretic new religious movement founded in Detroit, Michigan by Wallace D. Fard on July 4, 1930.

@TraditionalGirl I never said their was 13% Muslim in the world, I said there was 13% Muslim in "the nation of Islam" and which is also different than "Islam" in-case you get confused.

• @Deadinside10 hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OMG what a joke :3 Lamfo ok honey let's see how would you do that :3 and see ho will win in this war at end ;) baby please don't cry later ^^

@Lisa_Zhang Ohhh My mistake ><

• if you love him, you wouldn't want to change him. there is no reason why he would change his believes for you. what about you convert to christian? see, you wouldn't do that either. live with it, or find a muslim man

• If a man really loves you then he will be willing to risk everything and change himself for you. You can't just force someone to convert to your religion. Islam teaches exactly the same thing. If he is destined for Islam, it will come to him and he will realize it himself. Then and only then will he truly believe.

And last time I checked, you're not even supposed to be dating in the first place. It's against the rules in Islam person. I'd advise you to first look at yourself in the mirror and embrace Islam truly. Then go around fixing others.

• I know it is against the rules of Islam but I am getting older and older. I think if he really loved me he would convert for me.

• Please don't force him to convert. If he doesn't want to, leave him and find a muslim.

• but i want him.

• I'll just ask my friends to talk to him. You guys don't know what you're talking about.

• Judging from your comments to others, you must be a troll. But if you're not...

Sounds like you're more interested in converting him so you can gain extra points for entering the orgy that is Islamic heaven. That's fucked up. Quit playing love jihad. For his sake, I hope he leaves you.

• Hey hey hey, slow down. You met him a couple weeks ago, isn't it a little to soon to think about converting him?

What would you do if he asked you to convert to being christian? Yu would say no. This is exactly the same, and if you can't do if for him, why should he do it for you?

• If he is a real christian, he won't convert. Ever. If he's just a person who likes the title of being a christian, he will give in eventually if he really likes you. But the fact that he claims to be a chrstian and yet dates a muslim girl makesthe first one less likely.

• There are a lot of Muslim men who claim to be Muslims yet date Christians -what is your point here?

• I have not stated any oppinion in that matter, it was not part of the question, nor was it related to it.

• you don't.

• Honestly, it barely ever works out.

• I'm not a Muslim even though you say that you want only Muslims to answer but religion is something that is very important and sacred to a person... why do you have to make him Muslim, why can't you just date and respect each other's views? His religion shouldn't be an issue at all, its a part of who he is and you need to respect that if you want the relationship to work. If you would dump him just because of his religious views I think that would be a great mistake.

• its because he is lost and I am here to show him the correct way to live.

• You grow up and realize people shouldn't be subjected to what you want them to be.

• Aren't you late for your honor killing?

• More from Girls
    20