Does he love me or am I just being used?

I've been seeing a guy for a year and a half. We aren't official and don't talk every day. About 8 months in he thought i was seeing someone else and he asked me to be official but I said no. We still were seeing each other and I quickly knew I should have been his girl friend. He's told me he loves me since about 5 months. Normally when he is drunk. A few months ago I told him I wanted to be official but he said it was unrealistic and he didn't know how he felt. The next day I broke up with him and said if he thought that way then it wasn't worth it. Two days late he said he missed me and we got back to seeing each other. Its been 3 months since then and he tells me he loves me all the time, especially when he's drunk but I'm afraid to ask to be official. I think he is also seeing other girls on the side but he sees me the most and obviously has feelings for me. I never say I love you first and don't try and make too much of an effort. I'm afraid that we will be stuck like this and it will never be a relationship. do you think he loves me or am i just being used? is there a way this can be an actual relationship?

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, I don't want to be mean, but if I were him I would of moved on by now. The situation sounds awful: for him. You're not being used. If you can't bring yourself to simply say I love you first, and you don't make much of an effort, maybe you should just move on.

• You're the reason it's complicated. Seriously. Why say let's not date. Then wonder if you can have a relationship later. This is why people say girls are complicated. Just indecisive.

What Girls Said 0