Is Tinder just a hook-up app?

So I was thinking of using tinder, but most people say that its only good for hookups or one-night stands (which are not what I'm looking for). I don't want to use dating sites because of their obvious problems (a lot more males than females), and doing it in the 'real world' is not possible for me because of certain issues.

So, are there people who have had meaningful relationships with someone they found on Tinder?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it was a hook up site and to find cool places to go out in different cities where I would travel. I met my furrier husband in real life and not on tinder so idk. But for some people thy meet their boyfriends on there!

• I guess its pretty rare to find a husband/wife on Tinder

Most Helpful Guy

• Tindr is just for dicking around lol. I know some people use it seriously, but for the most part its people dicking around. Plus unless your a really good looking guy, no girls will yes u.

• Thanks for the heads up, I'd better stay away from it and see if there's something else similar for me.

What Girls Said 5

• Where I live, Tinder apparently is just used as a hookup site. I had heard a lot of bad things about it so I stay far far away lol.

• It mostly is!!! I used I use it just for the laughs...

• It seems like no matter what every new "dating" app turns into a hookup site.

• My boyfriend was from tinder. He deleted it after a few weeks of us dating. But then I saw he had plenty of fish on his phone. He deleted it as soon as I realized and claimed he doesn't use it at all. But I didn't trust it and broke up shortly after that. And I am sure finding that means it's at least
    Fifty per cent chance he was at least checking out other girls.

• Oh damn!

• Yup. I don't trust free dating apps anymore. It was very hurtful to see that. And I just couldn't trust him anymore. He introduced me to his mom friends etc but after that my trust flew out the window and a few weeks later I dumped him. It made me feel so hurt.

• Yea basically
    Some people use it as an ego boost too

What Guys Said 3

• Tinder is a tease because you see all these great women but they have to like you as well, and they usually just look at your picture and swipe left. For me, I look younger than my age, but my age is listed right there, so I am not considered.

• yeah, I did hear about this aspect.

• I think most places on the internet is a hookup site.

• Where I'm from it's mainly used as that, but I'm not sure if most females see it that way lol