More than "just friends"?

I have a close male friend who i once had a brief thing with. We have remained very close, but there is always an underlying unspoken chemistry beyond friendship. He decided to just he friends to avoid ruining our relationship. He has recently been in contact more than usual, calling to talk for long periods of time etc and as my birthday passed recently, he spontaneously called me up one evening with the offer to come over and cook dinner for me. He turned up with groceries, and proceeded to cook me a meal and then surprised me and baked a cake too. He asked if he could stay the night as it was late, so i put him on the sofa, he asked if i wanted to sleep on the sofa with him too, i said no and got in my bed. The following day he woke up early and cleaned the kitchen, and tidied up the lounge. When i woke up he joined me on my bed and we lay there talking for ages, spent the day with me till he dropped me to the station for work.

Im just not sure if any of this is "normal" for a platonic relationship. I've never had any guy friend go to this much effort for me.

What do you guys make of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is trying to transition into that more than friends stage. He's trying to make it as if he has potential to be a good boyfriend. He is doing this to be close to you. It's pretty obvious if say so. He may be trying to make up for loss time and see if you are warm to the idea of being to together like you used to. I advise you flirt with him and see the results odds are he will be playful and take another step in trying to see where things go.

What Guys Said 3

• He wants more. If you're down, ask him if he wants more since he seems to be offering more than a normal friend.

• Guys are never "just friends".

• First of all, it's very inappropriate and borderline creepy. Second of all, he wants in your pants and will stop acting that way once he "wins" you.

What Girls Said 2

• It depending on how he acts around other people who are close to him. It's obvious that he values you very much. Judging from personal experience, I'd say he wants a stronger relationship, but considering the two of you are already very close, I'd anticipate that he wants to take your relationship to the next level. Good luck figuring out how to balance yourself and your friendship. Don't ever feel like you owe him any non-platonic favors, but if you find yourself liking him, go for it. He seems like a wonderful guy.

• No it's not.

I think he likes you.