Could you be in a relationship with a girl who has body image issues?

okay i know most girls have some insecurities but could you be in a relationship with one that has quite a lot?

i'm working on my self esteem and body image but it doesn't happen in one night. i'm insecure about my body and afraid a guy will not find me attractive. it's not like i talk about it all the time, it's just something lying under there. my last boyfriend said there is nothing wrong with my body but he couldn't take my insecurity. so do most of you guys think that insecurity about body is a deal breaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it doesn't affect her overall behavior, then I'm cool with it. If she had severe body issues, I would diet with her and do all the squat exercises she wants to do, that way we can both get nice booties. As long as she doesn't ask me to turn the lights off completely during sex, I'm cool with it.

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on whether you have habits that support that claim, such as not eating and or purging. I wouldn't really date a purger, they are already probably thinner than my preference and just... That is just a bit too weird for me. If they can't accept themselves despite the fact that I like them the way they are, then that's going to be a problem eventually.

• Like if he says your beautiful just the way you are and you keep saying your not and you guys talk about it all the time like that it gets frustrating at times and he would want you to feel beautiful and for you to accept yourself so you can be happy (what a good bf would want). I'm not saying that you act like a diva and say you got all that and stuff but when he does nice things for you to believe in yourself then you should try to believe in it yourself a little by little. Do you know what im talking about?

• I don't mind dating a girl with body image issues, I'd try to help her feel better about her body. There are more important things in life to worry about than that.

• If I was dating a girl with body issues, I'd try to make her feel better about it.

• It's not a deal breaker. I just don't want to have to set a watch by it.

What Girls Said 2

• My life. I've dated guys who don't care really. But the whole time I think they're secretly dissatisfied, so I try to work extra hard at the gym and with my diet

• i feel you! i always think they would like me better some other way, skinnier or more fit or bigger boobs etc...

• Exactly! I feel like even if he tells me I'm sexy or beautiful he'll always see me like I see me

• @justme_16 yeah I don't understand how they could see me any other way than I see me

• If he doesn't want you because of your body then he is a class A D-bag anyway!