I wanted to know is it OK for a 17 year old guy to date a 20 year old girl?

Well I am with this guy who is 17 and I was wondering is there something bad about that. I mean I wish he was my age but that is just how it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't feel too bad about it. Depending on where you live it might be a slight legal issue but trust me there is not shame in it. Just give him all your loving and make sure that anyone who might have a problem with it, knows you are only dating him because you care about him. Personally I think for the most part age is just a number (within reason obviously), but the fact of the matter is that some people will not be comfortable with it. What you need to know is that what I think and what they think doesn't really matter, if you really care about him.

So anyway, no, there isn't really anything wrong, I say if you care about him, forget what anybody says, stay with him, and enjoy yourself.

• I'm checking back on a lot of my old answers like I usually do. I wanted to do a follow up to see if what I told you was at all helpful to you. Did my advice help?

What Guys Said 2

• Dont let age bother you at 17 I think you can give legal consent so don't worry about it as long he treats you right and loves you that's all that matters

• Likely nothing wrong with it. I think the average age of consent is 16, so don't worry about it.

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with that it's only a 3 year difference. I dated a 20 year old when I was 17. I'm also dating an 18 year old now while I'm 21 and it's fine.

• That is how true relationships work out, just one thing about a younger guy, make sure he is mature enough for you. Unless your the type who likes immature guys, which is perfectly fine. Just think about it, you remember when you were 17? Didn't you always wished you had an older boyfriend who could help you out all the time, be there for you. Care about you., maybe he's younger , but make sure its the real deal don't waste your time with someone who just wants to f*** around.