Will I ever get a girlfriend again?

I've been single for 7 years now. I'm 21 years old and I'm still a virgin who has never been on a real date... I'm a 6'1 Mexican-American attending college with a major in film and a minor in history. I'm on the chubby side, but I'm working on losing weight. As far as looks go some girls thought I was decent looking, and some think I'm ugly. Oddly enough the girls that thought I was decent looking were the good looking girls ( the reason why it never worked out was because of my awkwardness) I don't believe in the whole "go with girls that are in your league" bullshit.

When it comes to style I dress sorta punk and my hairstyle is somewhat of a 50's haircut with the sides trimmed. Some things about me is that I'm bilingual and I'm learning my third language (French), I'm nerdy, gamer, funny, huge history/movie buff, I have a great personality, I know how to dance and I'm fun to be around with. I can be awkward with girls sometimes but I don't know how not to be? Don't get me wrong, I've had girls like me before and there were times where I almost went on dates but either it would never happen, or some people would talk shit and give her reasons not to go on a date with me. I personally find nerdy girls hot, but I don't mind going out with different types of girls.

I honestly feel like if I could be a good boyfriend. I'm respectful, would never cheat on her, make her laugh, give her some space, make her feel special, (would it be weird if I get a girlfriend and gave her a rose on random days to make her feel special?) and have a good time overall. I think that If I could get a girlfriend I can keep one. I'm just a chill dude looking for his gamer girlfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound perfect. There is most definitely a girl for you. Just keep doing things that you like and you'll probably meet her. Partners most likely come from friends

What Girls Said 1

• You have to be happy and confident with you first. Just focus on working on you, stop looking and feeling bad for yourself. Confidence is key in this situation. They'll come out of the wood work.

What Guys Said 2

• well your height should give you an advantage

• Who the fuck knows man. Just ask a girl out and see for yourself, it's not rocket science