Told the guy I've been seeing that he was a booty caller in a stressful moment. How do I fix this?

Guy I've been seeing for 3 weeks is someone I've really started to care about, and in a moment of being vulnerable and stressed I told him that all he does is "booty call" me and that we don't ever really hang out.

He started to name times, and I could tell that he was kinda hurt by the comment. But to be honest, there have only been a few times that we haven't made out/did everything but sex when he's come over to hang out and watch a movie. Last night was the first time we actually went out to dinner and we've gone and done some outdoor activities like tennis, but besides that we haven't gone on many actual dates.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind because I really really like him, but we haven't had the relationship talk and I think in my own way I was trying to say I wanted some sort of assurance that it wasn't a booty call (like exclusive dating- or him telling me that I meant a lot to him- or setting up a second date) but it ended up just coming out awful and hurtful, and all he did was try to defend himself which is understandable. I like him a lot and I think I screwed up. How can I fix this? I've already tried apologizing.. but i feel like I just screwed up the whole thing..

Most Helpful Guy

• dates are just a couple of people agreeing to meet up and hang out. anything else that happens is up to them.

just apologize if you think you're in the wrong. otherwise, i'd ask to talk about it. if he's unwilling to talk about it, chances are he knows he's in the wrong, and you should make HIM apologize for treating you in such a way.

if you feel that way, you should always talk about it.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be honest about why you said that. Try and be honest about what you want. He was probably hurt by that because you thought he thought that little of you. He probably thinks the seriousness you want is implied -- because let's be honest, guys are dumb with that stuff. If you can give him the context to help justify why you lashed out, he will hopefully forgive you.

What Girls Said 0