I don't want to date in Highschool?

I feel pressured to date and I really don't want to. I just want to like guys without dating them because I want to date for marriage. I don't see the point in dating because most break up and don't last til college. I don't want to go through heart break again, it's not necessary. Highschool is already stressful!. I also feel like guys are more mature in college and out of college. My friends pressure me because they belive that if I like a guy then I'm soposed to date them. And if I don't then im a whore or heartbreaker for liking multiple guys and not settling for one. I guess I can understand that but I shouldn't have to date a guy just because he has feelings for me.
Is anyone else going through this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not personally, but had one in my sircle of friends. He ended up telling them straightforwardly to shut the F**K up because he did not intend to date, and hey should respect that.

IMAybe try the same? Don't wrap it in nicely. Tell it exactly as it is, that you're not intnding to date, and tha they can't make you change your mind, and that continuing to pressure you will just piss you off.

What Guys Said 5

• If you don't want to date in HS, then don't do it. Forget all the peer pressure crap that is happening. What you're doing is a good thing. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

• It's your decision. Make whichever decision you feel is best for you. If you don't want to date for those reasons then don't date. Not everyone dates in high school. I didn't. Your friends can have their own opinion but you don't have to take their advice or whatever. Just stick with what you feel most comfortable with.

• Yas dont date! Dont let anyone dictate ur life for u and how u gonna live ur life. Make the best decision for u and whats best for u. Dont do sumthing juz cuz ur friend does it. When u realize u, u have done sumthing terrible and now u can't take it back. Think twice before jumpin' the BIC gunz. They are free to share their opinions but juz dont let it get to u. Ur smarter than that and relationship at this age doesn't last long anwayz. Its the age where boyz are most horny and only want to get u in bed so... hang in there.

• no but just don't date it's that simple

• I have the same feelings as you.

Starting high school

What Girls Said 0