My boyfriend of a year is telling a girl that he is single!!?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year now. He always had issues trusting me, always checking my phone to a point where I felt guilty texting my mom! And yesterday I was joking that I should check his phone since he does all the time and I cam across a conversation with a girl and he quickly tool the phone away. Later on I got so paranoid that I went back and checked. He told the girl that he was single and some parts of the conversation were missing so I guess he deleted them. She then asked to hang out I have a bad feeling about this I haven't confronted him yet what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• One of the signs that someone is cheating on you/is thinking of cheating on you is that they get overly suspicious of YOU. They feel guilty over their own thoughts/actions, and they worry about you doing the same to them. Thus, they act as if they have crazy trust issues (which they end up having, because of their own cheating). They know what cheaters do behind their partner's back, because they do the same things to their partner. And since cheaters usually don't want to be cheated on (they have a strong sense of self-entitlement/want to have their cake and eat it too), they go great lengths to make sure that their partner is not doing what they're doing. Your boyfriend is definitely a cheater, or at the very least a potential one. He wouldn't be telling some random girl that he's single if he didn't want to score with her somehow.
    I say, you should break up with him. If my (hypothetical) boyfriend did this to me, I would not be able to trust him ever again, even if he didn't physically *do* anything with her. I mean, he said that he's single, even though he has been with you for a year. What does that say about him, and what he thinks about your relationship? Obviously he thinks your relationship is unimportant. Otherwise he wouldn't pretend that it doesn't exist. He's disgusting.

What Guys Said 4

• Leave him. A need to be in controll of what your partner is doing, is something quite comonly seen among people that are unfaithfull. So i guess his need to constantly be sure you're not doign anything wrong is because he's doing something himself, possibly with said girl.

Confront him about it!

• Confront him then dump him. Simple. You can smack him across the face for added emphasis to how he's a degenerate ass.

• Confront him.

• morons like these are the reason single guys end up being alone

What Girls Said 6

• Dump him. He's cheating on you or thinking about it. Plus why are you still with him? He's possessive and emotionally abusive.

• Cheating piece of shit.

Even if he didn't do anything with the girl, he told her he was single, which means he was intending to cheat. Dump him now!

• Simple solution. Leave.

This is clearly abuse in a mild form and if you let this continue it'll only get worse.
    He checks your phone constantly... you even admitted it made you feel guilty to text your own Mum!
    Then he goes off telling other girls he is single? Red flags everywhere.

Please if you allow this to continue, it'll get to a point where you won't be able to leave at all. Just turn and say "Telling other girls that your single -- then be single you shall be" and walk out without turning back.

• He's cheating in you the reason why he thinks you're cheating is because he is. Break up with him and never look back.

• Make his little white lie become a reality.

• Confront his ass