Do you turn down a guy if you find out he's only into women who look a certain way?

Eg, he is only into blondes, brunettes, redheads, Latinas, Asians, Blacks or Arabs?

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't date a guy if the women if i had prior knowledge that i wasn't his type. if i dont look similar to the women you usually find attractive, then i figure he is just trying to use me as a slump buster and when a girl he really likes comes along he will toss me to the side.

i used to date a guy who liked nonblack and mixed women and he told me when we first met he thought i was biracial. that was the beginning of the end. it was a turn off because i feel like a girl like me should be your first preference. i know he did think i was pretty, but if we are dating you should think i am THE PRETTIEST!!! so i broke up with him and ended up dating a guy who always like ig models pics who look similiar to me

What Guys Said 7

• Hm. Good question.

Ultimately... no. But there's a very strong, determining variable.

He has to treat other people, even the ones he's not attracted to, with respect.

Example: Guy only likes blondes, will only date blondes. If he treats every other girl (Redhead, Asian, Arabs, etc) as monsters because they aren't up to the blondes standards, then to hell with him. If he treats them courteously, then okay. He's just physically attracted to blondes, and he's not required to give his physical attraction, however perverse, to someone he is not physically attracted to. However, as long as the person is a genuinely good person, he SHOULD be willing to give his respect as a human being to people of all nationalities and hair color types, etc.

• I'm guessing you're going by this definition: a strong and unusual need or desire for something? If that's the case is it because his strong desire bothers you?

• Being reduced to one sole attribute is not pleasent. I do wonder if caucasians would have a different opinion about this if they find out someone of another race likes them for their lighter hair and eyes color.

• I kind doubt that's the reason, but it's possible. Maybe it's more likely if you have a tendency for really wanting people to agree with you.

• I like to point out beauties to my boyfriend. So yes, I prefer it if he agrees with me instead of saying "urgh, so ugly".

• Everyone has their preferences and we all need to respect what we're looking for in a partner. Men and women alike have their ideal partner preference which isn't a bad thing in my view. For example I've always been attracted to Asian women because they're savy, sophisticated, smart, confident go-getters :-)

• Lol see i would turn you down for your preferences..

• Ahhh I'm being very complementary about what I said so if a person can't handle a complement well that's too bad!

• Just say you don't find him to compliment you well.

• That would make you as bad as the guy actually :P

• lol at least I turned him down for his character, not his looks. I'm less shallow than him =P

• Don't know about that, but I think it's ok actually. I like to think I accept everyone as he or she is, but there's a big difference between accepting and "giving the go" :P

• I am into white and Latina ladies only but all different types of hair color bodies and breath etc.

• This is what i dont get... Latinas come in all shapes of hair colors, body shape, skin colour etc... Why latina? same goes for white.. Scots have a diff skin color than Spanish women fromthe canary islands...

• I thought u would say something about their personality or something...

• I love a beautiful women period.

• Every single person does this, just some do it to a lesser degree.

• there's preference, and then there's fetish. being ONLY (as in no exception) attracted to something is a fetish in my opinion

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't completely turn him down, but it makes him a little creepy. Like he has a fetish and is more in love with the idea than the actual thing

• so would you give him a chance and shake off that 'creepy' vibe eventually?

• umm not as long as he's not very fetish-y about it its fine. we all have a type

• Fetish-y xD i see. Thanks for your replies!

• No, there's nothing wrong if he prefers a certain type. Because you fall into that category doesn't mean anything bad, you should turn him down if you don't like his personality/ the person he is, not because of his preferences.

• At what point does it cross the 'it's just a preference'-line and becomes a fetish?

• No, everyone has their preference. Plus, there are always exceptions to the rule. Guys who say they only like a certain type of girl, will like an attractive girl who isn't his usual "type".
    And I would only be in the position to reject a guy if he finds me attractive. And if I come under his type, why would it bother me if he doesn't find any other fm type of girls attractive?

• It does bother me. I don't want to get reduced to my ethnicity. Also, I find men who are usually into one type will find everyone who fits that type extremely hot or ugly. There's nothing in between. And usually, they are only ugly, because they are extremely overweight/obese. It feels more like a fetish than a preference IMO.

• No. As long as he's into me, i'm good :D

• It depends on other factors. ONLY dating women with a certain characteristic that he finds aesthetically appealing is shallow, but it he's a good guy otherwise, its okay.

• I'm skeptical of certain guys of other races who specifically like black women, but I'd rather be with one of them than someone who has a preference for red heads. I would feel like he's settling for me.

• It is what it is

• Yeah, I would.