He has a way over protective gf? Thoughts?

So I have a guy friend and his gf is very weird and crazy and she very controlling it seems. She has like planned out things for them and is seeming like she's kind of expecting to do this one thing. They have been together for 1 year, why doesn't he break up with her? What dould be some reasons as to why he doesn't just break up with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is it of such concern to you?

• i was just curious for my friend im not doing anything all im doing is ask this question to see what people said!

• I don't think it's anyone else's business really.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends. Is he unhappy? If he's not, then well there's your answer. If he is, then my guess is that he has low self-esteem. In relationships where one person is very controlling, they also tend to make the other feel 'unworthy', like they're really not good enough for them or anyone for that matter. The other tends to become emotionally dependent. Already being quite vulnerable due to their feelings, they become too afraid to lose what they have to even consider breaking up with them, and convince themselves that they neither deserve nor could do better.

If it is the latter case, then my advice is to help him build his confidence. Talk to him about the things you admire about him (without trying to sound like you're into him of course), and (if he's willing to talk to you about such private matters) talk to him about his relationship with this girl, let him express his feelings and doubts and try to give him honest advice. Be understanding.

• Why would he not break up with her? Because he enjoys it, I know two guys who are constantly controlled by the people they date and they'll happily go along with it. Best thing is that they think they aren't being manipulated at all.

What Girls Said 4

• Some people are completely blind. He must really love her, it looks like he's too dependent on her and can't see the reality. He values the girl so much that he sees the good things in her and not the problems. He might be afraid to be left alone. Hopefully there will be a day he will realize he needs to break free.

• Oops sorry I meant to mark that a thumbs up sorry! And thanks for you opinion!

• It's ok. You welcome :)

• Maybe he also wants to do all the things she's planned out. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors, they're probably really happy together which is why they don't break up.

• It's their relationship and their issues. We're insiders looking in. I don't know the couple you're talking about personally. It's their life Andi have my own. I don't have time to try to control someone else's.

• is he complaining to you that he is unhappy?