No contact from boyfriend who is on vacation? Is that normal?

My boyfriend went on vacation to Italy, and I haven't really heard from him. He contacted me the day he arrived to let me know he was there, but then I hadn't heard from him for a few days. I did contact him after a few days, just to ask how he was, and he did respond to that. But now it has been a few days again, and I haven't heard from him.

He is there visiting family. His parents are originally from there, and they retired there a couple of years ago. He hasn't seen them in over a year, and I imagine he has a whole bunch of relatives there, too.

So is it normal that he hasn't found time to contact me, being as he is overseas and is visiting family? I know I would contact my boyfriend if I was overseas visiting family, but maybe women are just different from men that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well i would contact my girl every 3-4 days. Realtionships need space to breath and grow... boyfriends should be considerate for thier girlfriends and will make them feel secure when there overseas even if they dont contact them everyday. SO... if he was very short with your texts and didn't open up with you knowing your unaware of the situation overseas... he might be using that opportunity to fly under the radar in a bay way... if so you deserve someone better anyhow. Next time you text him see how open he is.. if he's short express your opinion and state what you need. if he is unwilling then bam, you have your answer.

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes when a guys is on vacation he just wants to relax and enjoy the time he is having without thinking about life back home, that's the way I am too. Last time I was on vacation I had a girl back home and I didn't really contact her much, I thought about her but I kinda just wanted to enjoy my vacation. Sorry if that sounds rude but its just the way some guys are, but spending sometime away from each can be good, it makes it that much sweeter when you finally see each other again.

• Ohhhh he's out there scoring with his secret buddies :O
    Shoulda put him in chk >.>

What Girls Said 1

• Could also be expensive to phone or text. But if he hasn't seen his family in so long they're most likely catching up and he has replied to your texts. Don't worry.