How to handle someone you're not sure you like?

A guy I work with added me on FB shortly after I started working at the place. We get along, he's a nice guy and we eventually hung out. He paid for a meal, I paid for a meal. I'm starting to think he likes me more then I like him. He brings me things like my favorite candy or drink and has asked to go out for dinner and or drinks a few times recently. I was busy and declined. We planned to hang out this next weekend but he has started texting me a lot more and it's almost over kill. I just am not looking for be exclusive right now. Do I go with the flow or start slowing not replying to all his texts or flat out let him know? I'm going to cancel the plans we have for this coming weekend because I just don't feel right. I don't want to be mean or come off that way. I just think he wants more then what I want and I don't want to hurt him. Not to mention... We work together so I see him everyday!

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree with previous opinion , i suggest u by starting not to replying his texts..

What Guys Said 2

• Your still going to hurt him doesn't matter what you say or how you say it

• Please just tell him upright its extremely cruel to slowly push him away.

What Girls Said 2

• Okay I'm dealing with the saaaaame problem !! Lol !! So what I'm doing right now is kind of avoiding him , not in a rude way though, just not texting as much and when I do reply I keep the convo as if he were somebody I just met like , I don't try to joke as much, or talk about personal things and when he asks me to hang out I kind of come up with an excuse nothing to extreme just like , I need to go visit a relative for the weekend , or I have guests coming over I need to prepare for their arrival. And when I see him at work I just keep it friendly and avoid being alone with him for long, when he questions about my "trip" or something I just give small details nothing that'll get you in a jam if the questions comes about again. haha good luck !!(:

• I think you are doing the right thing - either don't talk to him anymore outside of work or talk to him less so he will give up and go where the grass is greener.