How do you let a guy know you want to hold hands?

He's shy. I'm shy and I want him to make the first move, but it's like that song "Are you gonna kiss me, or not?". I can't tell what he's thinking at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does he know you like him?

• I think so. I sorta assumed we're dating, but when people asks he says we're "talking".

• You told him that you weren't ready for a relationship, so he is holding back.
      You seem to want to hang out, not date.
      If you want to hold hands, you will have to firm up the relationship to dating status.
      dating doesn't have to mean going steady.

• Thanks for most helpful! I'm really glad I could help. 8)

What Guys Said 5

• Do you stand close side by side often? If you do you can brush the back of your hand against his to test the waters, if he doesn't pull back you can try resting it there. If he hasn't pulled away but hasn't gone ahead either it leaves you room to take his hand instead.
    And you can always try the "oops hands on each others" if you are reclining next to each other.

• There's a song for that. Its called I want to hold your hand. Its a really cool band called the Beatles. you should check em out sometime.
    And basically, just take his hand sometime. He won't react badly I'm sure.

• Haha, I'm familiar with them. However, he has made it a point not to hold my hand, I swear. We touch though... so it's weird. It's like he gets nervous.

• Casual flirtatious- like nudging or brushing into each other. Sitting close. His arm around my shoulders.

• I know you said you want himto make the move, but iI still say you should initiate the handholding. I don'tthink he is trying to NOT hold your hand. That would be sorta weird since you guys touch in other ways, especially hiom putting his arm around you. You're both shy, and I sorta am to, so i understand where you're coming from. He likely just doesn't want to seem too forward. Handholding is a little more rromantic than the other stuff. Like ii be done that with many more people than held hands:(

• just man up and grab he's hand lol, there's no shame in it

• Just grab his hand...

• I believe those Beatles had a song about just the thing.

What Girls Said 1

• hold his hand ((*<*))
    ***