Why'd he stand me up? :(?

So this guy I've liked for ages & he liked me he's always staring at me & recently we started texting & he's asked me several times to hang out so I was finally able to & he never showed or called to say sorry can't make it... what happened I don't understand :'( I feel quite low & humiliated

Most Helpful Guy

• Because men and women treat each other like shit -- especially if they like one another or know the other likes them... or suspects one likes the other. I'd be pissed and you have every right to be. I'd move one unless he has a good explanation and is genuine in his apology. This is about the worst way a relationship can start. The more I hear about everyone's drama, the gladder I am to be single. It's not worth it and people have no idea how to have healthy relationships or friendships these days.

• Well it was inconsiderate of him & yeah in dating there's a lot of ups and downs no reason to be bitter & close yourself off from giving people a chance

• It's hard when you want to be with someone so bad, I know. You kind of lose the fact that you could've made that person happy but they chose not to let you which is their loss. I think most people pass on the best relationships because they're so concerned about everyone's flaws that they fail to realize that there is someone who really cares about them and wants to make them happy. Everyone seems to be looking for that perfect someone which they only realize they'll never find until it's too late and they've let so many wonderful opportunities slip by.

• Well that is a surprisingly bitter MHO.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't say he stood you up. There have been times where I said I was going to hang out with someone, but I got caught in the middle of something important so i could meet up and ended up telling that person mad late. Being stood up is like a 14 year old thing.

• Well I feel like its inconsiderate I was waiting for 2hrs and blew off all my other plans... I don't know maybe I'm sensitive

• "Because men f**king suck." - The Huffington Post

• Maybe he wasn't ready for you although he asked you before, sometimes we guys to tend to get nervous.

• I hope thats what it was cause I've wanted to spend time with him forever its just work schedules mess it up :/

• Well I asked what happend & he said he didn't show cause he was doing a 'oil change' on his car... I told him its just common courtesy to call and cancel lol idk.. I didn't say this to him but that sounds like the worlds lamest excuse/ lie

• haha wow "oil change" thats lmao, next thing he'l say "had to do laundry", anyhoo i don't have any advice for you sorry, as for now dont contact him wait and see whats his move, but i have a feeling he is seeing someone else I don't know call me crazy.

• I don't know cuz your really hot. Not something I would've done.

• Either something happened or he got too nervous so he bailed...

• Took too long he changed his mind

• Maybe something happened that prevented him from showing up. Did you try calling him to see why?

• Well no cause I didn't want to be needy :/

• That's not being needy he didn't show up and you have a right to know why.

• How much time has elapsed since he stood you up?

What Girls Said 1

• My bf did the exact same thing to me today

• Aww :/ that sucks, so what did you say to him?

• Yeah sounds like a dead end relationship, put time into people that put time into you.

• Yea that's true. I'm definitely going to break up with him. Our relationship is new so it's better I do it now then later when I actually develop feelings