Would you date/marry someone with kids?

Okay well I wouldn't completely rule it out but does it sound awful of me to say that I would try to stear clear of guys with kids? It's not that I don't love kids because I totally love them but wouldn't like to deal with the kids mother. Some kids are lovely and then some are nightmares when it comes to their parents dating others. I know lots of people have kids already but then again not everyone does have a kid too. I would consider it but for now I'd like to be with a guy who doesn't have kids. Oh and I can see how hard it can be with the relationship trying to work out based on friends of mine both female and male with kids. The people they date end up ditching and not being able to handle the people they're dating exes.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• No... I want a girlfriend, *then* if things go great, maybe kids years down the road. I don't want a package deal.

What Guys Said 7

• Generally don't but there are exceptions to the rule. I see people with kids as looking for someone to settle down with and that's just not who I am right now. So I try not to waste their time.

• I don't exclusively date right now no way so it doesn't matter to me. A lot of chicks have a least one child.

• dating someone with kids, especially under the age of about the late 20's is a no go for me. too heavy conceptually at this age, lol.

• I'm 23 and date around my age. Getting with someone with children is like settling for less imo.
    Hope I didn't offend people with chillins lol.

• The only girl even that I almost had a relationship with, was a girl with a 6 year old kid.
    The click between us was so nice... so I know the answer is yes!
    Unfortunately we lost contact, she really disappeared from the dating site from 1 day to another and never came back. It still hurts.

• If i was past 30 years old I would as long as I get a shot at the old baby maker.

• No way... Never... Forget that.

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely not. As me being one who has seen it happen from my parents view and a close friend view, I could not be the one.
    My parents situation is a bit complicated but my friend whose 20. She's dating a guy and she looks like she goes through hell and back with him and he has four kids. With the constant baby mama drama to both parties breaking out in constant fights because of the baby mama coming between them or going through the motions left and right, it seems like a rollercoaster. To me, you'd have to build a strong relationship with the person you date/marry. If this guy could see me as a potential mother for his kid (s), you also have to build a strong relationship with the kid (s) too. I'd rather wait till I'm a bit older to have my own kids and date/marry a single man without em.

• Definitely not. To me having kids is a deal breaker for sure.
    I know some will hate on me but here are the reasons why I wouldn't ever date or become anything serious with someone who already has kids.
    1. Where there's a kid for sure there's "baby mama drama"
    2. I wouldn't want to drag an innocent kid into a relationship that might not work out. To a kid that's basically abandonment.
    3. They are PLENTY of men out there with no kids.
    4. If it turned into a serious relationship and I had kids eventually I wouldn't want to feel like I love my blood more than my step kids. Even if people say "you love them the same" that is BS.

• I was dating this guy once that was honestly the BEST relationship I'd ever had then or since - but honestly the day he wanted me to meet his kids I freaked out and found an excuse to not meet them. It completely made me soooo nervous because even though I loved him I worried so much about what they would think of me and I didn't want to come in between them and him or them and their mom, etc. It was a really huge wake up call for me. Plus I was worried also about realllllly liking them so much I wouldn't ever want to leave them in the future and what if me and the guy broke up and I had too? Ughhhh sad situation all around in my opinion. :(

• yes i love kids i'd love to take their responsibility and i'd love to be their mother "if she's dead or something" it's not awful at all maybe then i will really grow up since i feel like a toddler in a woman's body :)

• Maybe , it depends.