Dating for MARRIAGE!!! Do you think people who are in their twenties and up should date for the reason of finding their soul mate/spouse?

Or is it OK to date "recreationally"(not for finding a spouse)?

Most Helpful Girl

• To each their own. I think it's A OK to date however the heck you want to. A lot of men don't start dating to find the special one til they are in their late 20's early 30's. Happens a little earlier for women, which makes sense since they typically end up with/desire older men.

• Well, how am I supposed to view a person if I know I won't want to spend the rest of my life with them, therefore being afraid to say things like I love you to them. doesn't that inhibit our relationship?

• To be more specific, I'm for a very religious community that thinks that dating for purpose other than marriage is not allowed. I sort of agre and I've avoided dating anyone because I only want to date when I'm ready to date seriously. by the way I'm 21 and havn't really dated so... I was wondering about your opinion on the matter

• Hmm. Well. . . you learn A LOT by dating. You learn more about what you actually want from a partner and dating is definitely something that takes some practice. The more you date and learn about women, it will increase your chances of attracting and keeping the woman of your dreams when you do meet her. Dating doesn't have to be serious, really it shouldn't be, it should just be fun. If you start meeting women and have casual dates with them (because that's what you BOTH want) then you'll learn a lot and have fun doing it. I'm completely opposite of you in my ways. I had my first BF when I was 16. I'm very monogomous and had two long term relationships, one of 4 years and one of 3 years, before I met my husband. Both of thoes first guys were great, we had some awesome times, but it just wasn't ment for forever. If I hadn't had my LT boyfriends, plus a few shorter term dating situations, I wouldn't be good at relationships and I wouldn't have recognised my husband as what I wanted

What Girls Said 5

• Personally I only date with a purpose. I was dating with the intent to find a spouse when I first started dating back at the age of 15. I don't really see a point in recreational dating. I think that's just hanging out. I'm not an affectionate person. I don't wish to be affectionate (hug/kiss/etc.) with anyone I don't seriously see myself with.

But that's just how I feel. Others, I'm sure, feel much differently.

• Get married before you are no longer wanted!!!

• I am not interested in looking for my husband right now. I am still dating recreationally

• I think you should do what you feel is right. I personally would only date for a serious relationship, but if you believe in casual relationships, more power to you.

• If you're looking for something serious ummm... do not play the field. No one will ever take you serious for marriage lol! Make it aware of what you want. Like the top one said dating casually is to find out what your want in a relationship. You already know so why are you wanting to play games?

What Guys Said 3

• Let's use an analogy. If you liked tennis, are you only going to wait for Serena or Federer to play against? Even if you get the chance to play them, you're going to get CREAMED! Because you haven't built up your skills yet. Dating recreationally is the only way to find out what you do and don't like and to get the skills that you'll eventually need when you meet "the one." Also, most of my favorite/hottest/fun/sexiest/spontaneous dates/girls were NOT ones that were going to work out. But they have helped shape who I am, have given me many happy memories and got me ready for my wife!

Plus, it's fun!

• oh I may grow on @Hunt-Ethridge, he actually responds to questions as an expert :D

• Dont you think its better to find someone who can have a volley with me at the same speed and rhythm and we can become federers together? I always thought that mutual growth could also happen. And I'm pretty sure I know what I want in general. I just dont have laundry list.

• for me its fine to date. im not adding recreationally because that's what dating is to me lol. dating for any purpose is okay because dating is just dating. simple.

• No. They should date so that they learn how to relate to the opposite sex properly.
    Then when the right person comes along, they won't be a clueless newbie who doesn't know how to relate to an adult.