Guys, just a curious question.

How would it make you feel if your girlfriend showered you with gifts, paid for mostly everything down to the gas in your car and did romantic mushy stuff for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I might have to hand over my man card. I prefer to provide for the woman.

• That was my thought. I don't think too many men would be comfortable with that. Boys maybe, but not men ;-)

What Guys Said 8

• Fine line. On one hand, it's great, especially if it's given out of a place of love. Many if not most relationships now, the woman outearns the man. So I have no problem with that. However, with guys, there's still something in our genes that makes us want to EARN or DESERVE the woman. So if we feel that it's one-sided on the financials, it might make us feel less than great. Even if you expect and tell us that you want nothing in return, it can unintentionally emasculate us. So make sure to give him opportunities for him to help you. Maybe you need help moving something around in your apartment or something. We need to feel like we are useful and contributing to the relationship.

• You worded that so wonderfully! Thank you, I was trying to give this exact advice to a girl on here earlier and I think I got the point across. But thank you so much. It seems like people are so caught up in trying to be p/c that they don't even consider that men and women have gender roles based on our nature. Women are so caught up in trying to be a man's equal that they lose what it is a man is looking for in the process. I don't think men are better than women or vice versa but we are different.

• Glad I could help! :-) Gender roles are kind of like race issues. By ignoring it, it doesn't mean it's not still there. They still need to be addressed from a place of caring.

• I completely agree.

• Being a man from a less fortunate economic background and without the luck to truly escape it I've found my long term partners have usually been in better paid jobs. This does shift the traditional balance but hey if it works it works. If a woman treats me like that I will return the favour, while value is not like for like the intention and the level of gifting is equal. I know all too well you can make a lady happy with a low value gift if you choose wisely and know her enough. I have enough on my plate without making problems for myself by trying to follow imaginary rules and old fashioned standards.

• I wouldn't accept that many gifts. I couldn't, if I feel I didn't earn something I don't believe I should get it. Paying for gas and all that, sounds more like a parent then a girlfriend.

• Well that would be nice of her, but i wouldn't let her do that though. No thanks.

• Ohhh i'd feel so special *~*
    I would marry u in the blink of an eye..

• Wow that's really sweet, I'd def reciprocate

• Probably would be great in moderation, though you might not want to overdue it too much.

• It would make me extremely uncomfortable. That's the guy's job.

What Girls Said 1

• That she's the man in the relationship. Girls can show appreciation in other ways. Maybe once in a while gifts. But mostly things that aren't material.
    For example :a massage, home cooked dinner, the movie HE wants to watch...

• Thanks, I read a question earlier, a girl posted that she does all this for her boyfriend but he doesn't show her the appreciation she feels she deserves and everyone was telling her what an aso he is and that he is using her etc, I told her he probably feels emasculated by her doing that. Lol I'm the only one who said that, not even one guy suggested it. I couldn't believe it. I'm glad I'm not alone, thanks girl!

• Yeah like once in a while gifts are fine but most of the time guys want to feel like a man.
      My bf loves doing stuff for me and buying me stuff and I like treating him with respect and kissing him and doing stuff for him that he would like more than material stuff.