University: With or without girlfriend?

So me and my girlfriend are applying to university this year, some the same unis, some different. We have been together for 9+ months so far and want to continue through university.

Is going to the same uni (as long as they're the best for us) the way to keep us together?

Or is it better to be independent at different unis where we're not relying on each other, can make a whole new group of friends and have our own spaces?

• Uni with girlfriend
  • Uni without girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're asking this but I think you're hoping to find the answer that you want rather than the answer that you need. You will absolutely resent your partner if you go to a school just to be together. Space is good. You are about to be so consumed with school you'll need the me time. You can't stop your partner from going to school where you go but you can pick the school that you want to go to and do what's best for you. You're about to start an exciting time in your life so enjoy that and find your independence. Make choices for you.

What Girls Said 4

• Never never never choose your school because of a relationship.

• You guys each need to go to the school which is best for each of you whether it be the same one or not. If it's not the same school then you guys can still try to stay together just know it's not going to be easy by any means, if either of you meets someone else you guys need to let each other know as soon as you feel that you may want something with this other person.

• If you want to stay together going to the same or nearby unis is the way to go. In all honesty tho you're both so young, I wouldn't count on it being a forever thing.

• Try it but do not pick and choose schools based on her or let her do the same with you.

What Guys Said 3

• The odds of a relationship surviving university are very low. Regardless of where you go. Take that info and make your decision accordingly. I'd never go to a university just for a chick.

• Uni with girlfriend. You two might grow apart if you go without her.

• Dump her, I got so much pussy at uni.