What do girls think of guys who are "metrosexual"?

Let me get this straight.
I am not gay.
The reason I ever started focusing on my appearance was because I'm insecure about myself. I just wanted to know what girls thought of it, if they think it's good or bad or annoying. Opinions please.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the extent. Eye brows should not be overly groomed, and you should definitely not take longer to get ready than me, other than that I love it when a guy puts extra effort into looking and smelling good. :)

• It's whatever to me. If someone says they're straight I'll take their word for it. But I won't lie, I usually assume they're gay.

• I like the idea of a guy keeping himself smelling and looking good, once he still is masculine.

• Hygiene is very important. I love the smell and touch of a clean shaven man who just got out the shower. Very attractive.

• If a guy takes longer than me to get ready then we have a huge problem.

What Guys Said 3

• It'll probably take a special type of girl to understand you, but they're out there. Someone to take it slow with and gel instead of rushing into things.

Depending on what you're insecure about, there are more ways than one (besides changing your appearance) to deal with underlying issues.

The Internet is a treasure trove of self-help information these days. Still, nothing helps like actually talking to a live, human being.

Hope you find some peace soon.

• There was a dude around here on GAG who loved the metrosexual style. He also for some reason liked to shave his eyebrows, what a weird, dumb, Cro-magnon looking mother fucker.

God this website has a way of attracting the crazies.

• Damn, way to hate. Not my lifestyle, but I'll tolerate it. Hate for the shoe to be on the other foot.

• @JackKerouac77

Well I wasn't saying to the QA, if it's your style it's your style but, man, shaving your fuckin' eyebrows cause you think it'll make you look like more of a female (his exact words), fucking crazy.

What does not having your eyebrows do with trying to look more feminine?

• Agreed, not my style at all. Don't understand it. Just trying to help instead of push people away.

• What defines as "metrosexual"? I've never understood its meaning.