Do you think there are more cons than pros with this age difference?

He's 44, I'm 24, before you make this out to be a "sick" connection, know that it's not. We met online but not through dating sites, but through Pinterest, and so our convos were based on what we pinned, liked, and disliked. Slowly, without each other noticing, we had this "relationship" grow, but I know that my parents will never approve of the age, and other certain aspects of the relationship. I don't know what to do, I don't know who to confide it, I can't say that the relationship itself doesn't scare me, it does, do you think it's too much to take on? Will my parents approve? No, they dont care that I "love" him.

Most Helpful Guy

• For some people it works.. for some it wont... age is a factor that is added to other stuff you have to factor in when going into a relationship. There are definitely people who did it.. and they are happy... but if it doesn't feel right and comfortable for you... then it is going to fall apart with the first fight. I think you are infatuated. Usually the problem with big age difference is at old age... if you expect a guy to be 20 years older.. he will pass away much sooner.. and you will have to find someone else at old age.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it takes on too much. and ill never know if your parents would approve or not. but that's just 1 opinion. its not impossible its just not likely to last generally.

• Thank you Bert, I'm afraid you're right. I've expressed this to him too. I guess it's just how it is. It sucks, but I appreciate your answer and honesty.

• no problem, as long as you're happy though that's all that matters :)

• When you are his age he will be senior citizen ( big factor)
    If he wants children he's going to have to get busy very soon.
    Speaking of getting busy, do you really want to screw a old man in your 30s? (viagra needed)
    Only pros I can think of is that he has financial security and has way more life experience than a young adult your age.

• I don't think they'll approve at first, but there's a chance that they may learn to like him in time.

• this is not uncommon

• From what I've been researching, the success rates are uncommon. I guess I'm more concerned with the future rather than now.

• You'll just end up leaving him for a younger dude once he's grown too old and boring to meet your needs anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm only 34 years old but if you were to be my daughter I wouldn't allow it and try to do anything within my power to persuade you to stay away.. I think age difference does affect the younger person, I know this from experience cause I had a boyfriend 11 years older, and it was too much.. I can't chage my decision but if I was in similar situation again I wouldn't date a person with too many years apart..

• Thank you for your answer, this is how I feel too, which is why I asked. My limit was always 35, which it 11 years again, but I have always liked older men, I'm sorry it didn't work out in your favor, but I feel like men (for me) are too juvenile in their 20s. I don't know, but thank you, I would probably do the same for my daughter someday.