What do girls expect a guy to wear on a 1st date?

whats a girl expect a guy to wear to impress her on a 1st date? and does cologne and smell turn her on. if so what kind?

Most Helpful Girl

• okay, well depends what you guys are going to do

if your having dinner, be very polite. wear SOME cologne, not too much, girls HATE that, trust me.

you should wear something nice, but not too nice, don't wear a tux. wear a polo or something, with nice jeans. YOU pay for the bill, even if she insists to. oh and don't forget to take a shower(:

if your going to the movies, you buy the popcorn and what else she wants. when getting into the row, make sure you let her go first. if your a laid back person you should wear some nice jeans nd a nice shirt, not too much cologne also. oh and don't makeout the whole time, maybe unless she says its okay to. ex: ask her "is it okay if I do this" then lean in and give her a KISS, don't makeout on the first date.

good luck !

What Girls Said 15

• depends on the guy. I like my guy to wear a bit of cologne but not half the bottle

t shirt and jeans is fine. I might dress up a little but I'd be happy with him just having his hair neat and he's ready to go out with me. that would be it.

• it depends what kind of date it is and the weather cause it has been crazzy lately. But if your going out to the movies that's casual so don't over do it. and smell is another girls notice you want to smell good and clean shave. Just don't wear a colon that is so strong

• well depends on the date... however if you are the usual baggy pant really loose shirt kinda guy, a transformation would really turn me on... like if you wore a really cool buttoned shirt and some cool pants... I would be impressed... and cologne is important...but a slight smell... not too powerful...

Ps. The hair is important... gel it to a cool cute style...not too funky, but just to make you look good... girls love guy's hair!

• Smart and casual would be probably the best choice - nothing fancy, but clean and proper and something you feel comfortable in.

As for the cologne... Goodness, yes! To me, cologne smells warm and comfortable while at the same time being spicy and exciting. Personally, the perfect cologne just makes me want to get a long, loooooong hug from the guy and spend ages wrapped up in him. I'm afraid I can't help with actual brands, but go to a department store and either ask a clerk what her favourite is, or if that fails, find a girl who seems roughly like your date in temperament/style and ask her for advice. Of course, make sure you like the smell yourself, too, since you'll be at the epicentre!

• Haha, good question. I'd be impressed if you just wore a button down shirt and jeans. It shows that you care, but it's not quite a suit or anything overly fancy. And yes, cologne is good. I really like Diesel's new cologne Only the Brave. It smells so good.

• Wear what's appropriate for the kind of date you're going on. The stuff she usually she's you in is fine, except maybe pick one of your favorites. An outfit that makes you feel hot when you wear it, as you want feel confident on the date, so you can relax & have a good time. As far as cologne... YES girls love it! Maybe ask a department store clerk, what kinds are her favorite. There are many good ones out there. Good luck. :-)

• Dark wash jeans and a polo(; make sure you have fresh and clean shoes too. Lol no one likes dirty shoes. Also about the outfit, sometimes girls like to match their guy- like wera the same color shirt or match a little bit. And for the scent- I like the cologne called

sexual but I don't know who makes it sorry.

• It depends on the setting. Going to a movie? Go casual. Nice dinner? Make yourself look pretty:) I personally love just a tiny smell. Not a huge overdose you can smell a mile away. And whatever Abercrombie's is it's amazing, and Axe is pretty good too.

• Really does depend on where you are going but my guess is your trying to impress otherwise you may not have asked her out otherwise!

Cologne is great as long as you don't smell like your old man, and only a real little,

put it on the backs of your knees and the back of your neck aswell as in between your elbow!

everytime you walk past she will catch a whiff and never want to be away from you for the night!

Always make sure you have clean shoes!

• Casual smart, smell nice so use cologne. Neat, clean hair and have your facial hair under control.

I realize that smell is a make or break for me. It's normal to smell pleasant. But if you smell absolutely yummy, haha, you've got her. I loved the way my ex smelled. I know I sound like an animal but that was what made me attracted to him. Hahaha!

• This depends on a type of date. The place you are going to. I would be casual and comfortable, but at the same time that it did take you a few minutes to get put together.

As far as cologne, this is very individual and depends on a girl. I prefer Dakar, but that is just me.

• Jeans and a nice shirt and a really good smelling cologne like fierce by abercrombie or drakar noir, something girls mention smells good a lot of the time.

• nice jeans and a nice shirt, make sure you look put together. there's nothing worse than a guy that seems like he didn't put any thought into what he was going to wear.

• this is tough for me. cause I just expect you to know. cologne but not too much. wow no winning here I never thought guys even thought of this stuff.

• LOL I love your question you should always wear a button tshirt and some jeans not loose tight a little lol and you should wear colonge when guys wear colonge girls go crazy over the smell lol good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Curv cologne or driven, but don't over power their sense with the odor

• paco rabanne 1 million or chanel platinum egoiste best two cologne for men atm

• For any females curious as to the opposite of this question, an ex of mine didn't need to dress any particular way. Whatever way she dressed, I was fine with it. A little dress up is good, and a dress in particular is nice, but try to be different to how you usually dress in some way. If you do that, you have my attention and get the compliment straight off. Smell for a woman is determinant. Honestly, an ex had a smell that intoxicated me without anything artificial. Her natural smell was more for me than anything someone could make. Anyone can buy cologne and perfume, but natural smell can be far more so. One of the reasons I'm trying to get back with my ex, she was distinct and alluring without the need for agents such as perfume.