For the men, what are your thoughts on dating a woman who has served or is currently serving in the military? Would you date one?

Hello. I am a woman who has served for five years in the military. I'm wondering about this because it seems like every since I was discharged from the military I have had a pattern when it comes to dating. The guys I date will find out I served and they will either disappear or they assume that I must be easy and only looking for one thing and will try to take me to bed. I'm not easy, and I don't like having to hide my military background because it's the proudest accomplishment of my life so far. I'm pretty easy going and not regimented at all, so no chance of enforcing military life on my potential significant other. What do you think?

Ladies, your opinions are welcome as well :-)

• I would date a military girl or female veteran
  • I would not date a military girl or female veteran
  • I'm indifferent as long as we get along well

Most Helpful Guy

• I am impartial about this one especially since i served in the marine corps for 4 years. I would date a former military veteran not an active duty one. It all depends on the women, attraction, personality ext. The one thing i have to say about military chicks is that most get along very well with men, because of their exposure to them in a professional environment. But some guys might find it intimidating. Thats why for the most part military chicks usually date military dudes.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd have no issue with it.

• I don't think it is you or the fact that you served (thank you). Just so happens those guys were douches.

• Militia baby mama's be hookin' up with dem militia dood over a drunk night doe :O
    No can do :/

• Military mommas <3

• I like military girls :)

What Girls Said 1

• Thank you for your service!

I think those guys were all just grand assholes with insecurities they were too cowardice to face. You're undoubtedly a great lady, maybe they realized they didn't measure up. You'll find a guy who sees your worth and treats you as such, I'm sure of it :)