Girls! Your chance to be Brutally Honest! What's on your mind?

Ok Im new to this. And there's a question I've always wanted to ask..

BUT DONT HOLD BACK! NO SUGAR COATING I ACCEPT NOTHING BUT ABSOLUTE HONESTY!

Girls say looks aren't important, but I've seen many examples that are the complete opposite! Even from girls that say this! If a girl doesn't find the guy attractive then no matter how awesome he is... She will never see him romantically! Friend-zone... now ABSOLUTE HONESTY, believe me there will be no hurt feelings..

Go nuts;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, looks matter somewhat. Like maybe a guy isn't my type, but he's not ugly. Then I get to know him, and he has an amazing personality. That personality makes that person 10 times more attractive. He then becomes somebody I label as attractive, because their personality has made them become that way. Now say you meet a really hot guy, but he's a jerk. The more often you see his ugly personality you begin to realize that that person is truly unattractive. Their bad personality makes them unappealing mentally and physically.
    So regardless of who is more physically attractive, it's all a loss if they aren't beautiful inside too. So looks vs. Personality? I'd say personality is the most important. Looks play a part, they're what initially you see when you meet a person. So, at first a girl might not like you, but that's based on looks. When she really gets to know you her opinion may change, because personality is who you are. It's shallow to only like someone based on looks, that's infatuation. Not love. Love is when you accept someone, and love them knowing they have flaws. Loving somebody for WHO they are, looks are minuscule compared to that.

What Girls Said 20

• Lol men need to understand that a woman's definition of attractiveness and a man's definition are two completely different things. Men are very visual creatures, whereas women are less so. We're more attracted to behavior than anything else. Dominance, confidence, and high status is really what gets a woman weak at the knees. There's a reason why women are naturally drawn to "bad boys." It's in our nature to seek out dominant males to mate with, not necessarily the most attractive.

• Looks definitely matter, I mean, you can't really have a relationship with someone you aren't physically attracted to. But, if you have an awesome personality and the girl falls in love you because of that, she'll become attracted to you physically as well, just takes some time.
    [And yes, I am speaking from experience]

• Hi again (I swear I'm not stalking you lol)

I've told many guys on here this, but I'll repeat it for your sake. Men are friendzoned for the same reason women get friendzoned. A guy can be sweet, caring, fun to be around, but if we're not physically attracted to the person, they're in the friendzone.

Why would I do that? I just said he's a great guy right? Well, my guy friends are all great guys but I would never have sex with them. I like hanging out with them, but again, no sex.

Physical attraction is important, but to a point. What do I mean to a point? I mean for me to want to be romantically involved with a guy, I need to be at least a tiny bit attracted to him physically.

This doesn't mean at all that I would date an attractive guy who was a dick (some women do, I don't). I believe a person can in fact be attractive and nice at the same time, and those are the people I would romantically link myself with.

• Haha hello again staten island! Yea your right. I just feel for my friend he's a great guy but... doesn't have the opportunity to hook up that mich if you know what I mean. he's confident, good sense of humor. . like one of the boys! But nooooo date... sigh

• Might head to the gym myself haha. Thank you... appreciate the opinion;)

• Glad I could help! :)

• I texted a guy who was friends with my friend and I didn't know what he looked like. I loved texting him he was so awesome and interesting. He wasn't very attractive I found out, but I kept talking to him because i like his personality. sadly though, looks do matter. they just aren't 100% of the attraction.

• I used to be super shallow which was really nuts because I'm in no position to be shallow, but the guy I like no would definitely not be classified as a "looker", yet he's really sarcastic and funny and nice which really draws me to him. I started off disliking him, even flat out refusing to speak to him, and now I've got a stupid ridiculous crush on him.

But I agree with anonymous, there has to be SOME attraction.

• Looks do matter, just not as much as personality.
    You could have a serious hot guy who has a terrible personality, but you wouldn't date he b/c he is a jerk.

• girls who say looks aren't important are lying
    there has to be some level of attraction there

• Looks matter. They aren't the most important thing in a relationship, but I have to find the person I'm with at least a little bit attractive.

• I wouldn't say looks matter but attractiveness does, if that makes sense? Looks are just outward appearances but attractiveness is everything. Personality, mannerisms, looks, etc. I've found a lot of guys that I know aren't good looking attractive because many different reasons. I've also seen guys that were really good looking but I didn't find them attractive because of their personality.

• looks matter and everyone tells me i'm the pickiest person ever but there have been a few occassions where i felt neutral about a boy the first time me met but the 2nd time i really liked him.

• Hmmmm interesting... so a guy can bounce back of he has enough charm?

• I have to be at least mildly physically attracted to you to date you but I must be emotionally attracted to you to even consider dating you.

• Looks matter a bit but not too much, I would say like 20% and he rest is personality. But tbh if there an amazingly ugly guy I would not like him

• In my case, looks don't really matter. I get attracted to someone whom I find interesting. I date guys to know them better and if they can't handle a great conversation then they're already out of the picture. For me it's all about the personality.

• Looks, Schmooks. If a guy catches my eye, it's because of his personality! Unless he has extreme acne or a third eyeball or something strange like that, I dont care

• People have different preferences. You need to have physical attraction. There needs to be something there. I want a guy who is good looking and with a good heart.

• looks are important clean in shape and classy guy would be pretty go unless a guy don't want to be unhealthy and not clean and have no personality style well that's his choice evry guy is responssible of those things so !

• The answer is charm. If a guy has charm and a great personality then nothing beats it. Attractiveness only lasts for a bit. Its good for the beginning stages, it doesn't last long enough to hold hope to stay in a relationship.

• I'm extremely nice an empathetic and caring but honestly, looks matter no matter what people May say. We judge a book by its cover everyday without even realizing it. This doesn't mean that I'll be rude to a guy that asks for my number because he's ugly because I wouldn't hurt any feelings ever. But the good thing is... there is literally a guy for every girl and vise versa

• Haha thanks! Appreciate your honesty

• Yeah. I believe that there's someone for everyone and that there's a lot of trail and error when it goes to finding that person.

• *trial not trail haha

• absolutely looks matter but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so essentially no matter how ugly the person there's someone for them.

• Haha thats strangely sweet

• Haha I always go for the salty but sweet approach.

• There has to be a degree of attraction. Looks are important, but at the same time I'd like the guy to have somewhat of a brain.

What Guys Said 1

• You're gonna have to reword everything and word your question better to get any answers out of this. I applaud you for not being anonymous though.