I think I was friend zoned?

I've been texting this guy lately and I really like him. We haven't really talked much before and I only recently got the nerve to ask for his number. I texted him and asked him how he was and that I hope I didn't make him feel uncomfortable by asking for his number so suddenly. About half an hour later, he replied, "No worries, always happy to make more friends. I'm well, thanks."
Again, we've rarely spoken to each other but I'm pretty sure he knows I'm interested in him, and he appears to be somewhat interested in me. We aren't close; we're probably hardly acquaintances. Did he friend zone me, or is it too early to tell?

He gives a lot of mixed signals, too, and I'm not sure if he's trying to hint at the fact he isn't interested or genuinely doesn't know that I am.

What Guys Said 1

• Get to know him more, meet him everyday and get a long with him, this way you can flirt with him to see his reaction

What Girls Said 1

• wayyyyy to early, girl! Talk to him, have some full out conversations with him! then you'll know if he likes you.