Can a guy be interested in a girl, but never message her?

Is there a possibility that a guy will act totally into a girl when they hang out, but if she messages him, like through Facebook, but he doesn't ever reply. And he is always on it. Could he be actually interested in her or nah? But he is also in one of those places where he doesn't want a relationship of any kind & he talks to other girls all the time. Usually just to hook up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea it is possible. Perhaps he's just shy of you or something?

• That makes some sense. He's talkative in person and pretty outgoing, so could he still be shy to chat?

• It's a possibility. Maybe he's worried about saying the wrong thing, or unsure how to talk over messenger incase it reads wrong rather than express what he means. Why not try start a group chat with a lot of people including him and see how it goes? I agree maybe he's just active or online but not really a fan of talking online. I've got a friend who would rather phone quickly than text purely because he hates text-based chat. Everyone's different. At least in person yiu can clearly gauge his behaviour and actions.

• Hm. That's something to think about. We've been in a group chat with some of our friends too. He seems to talke a lot and picks me out quite a bit too. Thanks.

What Guys Said 4

• it's possible, but not me i am not that way

• yes.. it can happen

• Meet and talk to him in real life, it is easier and more interest

• I have. We are friends.

• yeah, face to face in real life so you guys can have a good conversation, he might have a problem with you if you just keep spamming him on fb or other social networks. good luck for your real life conversation

• Or it could be that he is never actually active on facebook. I use Skype and it says I'm always active when I'm not even online, could be some glitch.

• He actually is on it. That's the only way he can talk to people his phone is being weird. He talks about it too, when we all (group of friends) are hanging out

What Girls Said 1

• In my experience with a few guys I've learned that some just don't like to write things. They would MUCH rather talk in person or not at all. Plus there's the whole 'nothing is private' thing about Facebook and social media period and if he doesn't know you well he may be afraid what he types will be someday used against him in some way. Or posted online for the whole world to see.