Why won't he just end it?

I've been seeing this guy now for 1 1/2 years. We aren't official despite the fact that we see each other every week. We don't talk every day but have an amazing time together in person. I'm 2 years older than him (is that a problem?). He's in college and I just graduated. We have been rocky despite it being such a long time. He tells me loves me all the time, mostly when he is drunk which I understand isn't the best but whatever. When I asked him for a relationship after a year he said it was unrealistic so I tried to end it. After a few days he begged me to come back which I did. We continued to see each other. Recently he's been a little more distant but still tells me he loves. Or misses me. I don't understand why he's being distant. If he doesn't want to be with me than why doesn't he just end it? It's been a long time but if he doesn't want a relationship why won't he let me end it? Does he actually care or is he just using me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He might be too terrified to be single.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If you guys are having sex, he's keeping you around for the sex. Otherwise, I'd have to say he doesn't know what he wants. He might want someone else who hasn't agreed to date him, and yet he doesn't want to be alone so he's stringing you along to keep himself from feeling lonely. Either way, you have the power too. If you're not happy (clearly you're not) then YOU can end this and walk away.

• why would he cut off his regular sex supply? you need to end it before one day he meets another girl and drops you and ices you out. he will end it when he meets another girl he views as better than you and that isn't gonna feel very good for you

you guys have been "seeing" each other for a year and a half and aren't official yet? y'all will never be official he doesn't like you like that. he doesn't want to ever be your boyfriend. he's just in it for the benefits.