Would a guy mind if his gf hangs out with other guys?

So i recently went to applebees with one of my best friends Mary her bf and another guy who is gay. After my boyfriend texted me what im doing i told him where i was and who i was with. He started to freak out and said i was on a "date" and that i should never be around a guy because its disrespecting him.

I can't wrap my mind around how i disrespected him for hanging out with my friend, her bf, and a gay guy. Plus i have never cheated on him and i never will. im very much in love with him but it seems as if anytime im with my girlfriends and there's 1 guy he flips and says im on a "date" and disrespecting him and that i dont love him.

I dont see any harm with hanging out with a guy who is taken (and his gf is present) and a gay guy. but my bf says no matter what situation he is in, that i should not be around guys because im in a relationship. Am i wrong for thinking he is making a big deal or are other guys the same way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Like that... no, your bf's overreacting. Hanging out like that in a group of friends (where there's mixed genders, and some of your friends are there) is totally acceptable.
    Does HE think it's ok for him to hang out with girl friends in the same context? If he answers yes, then he's a hypocrate. A rule of thumb is, if you don't tolerate something from your partner, don't do it yourself. Dos HE think hanging with girls is disrespecting you?

And yes, he's overreacting A LOT. He sounds insecure TBH. the question is why...

What Guys Said 5

• I personally wouldn't see that as a problem, unless she was behaving weird and showing signs of cheating on me.

Your boyfriend seems to be a controlling jerk who think he 'owns' you. Sorry to be so blunt, but its the truth.

• I can tell you right now guys don't like there girlfriend hanging around other single guys at all. I had this problem and put a stop to it right away, laid out the ground rules and it all worked out. Your boyfriend prob did not know the guy was gay but anyway girls can always make that excuse that the guy is gay so they can keep hanging out with the guy.

• My ex only had male friends. She hanged around them a lot. I never had a problem, not even though i knew that two of them was in love with her. Once she even fell in love with this guy. But i just took a step away so she could figure out who she wanted to be with. Luckely it was me. I think he is overreacting. You should tell him that it hurts you that he think of you like that. Tell him that you love him so much that you dont care about other boys. Tell him the truth.

• trust me i tell him that i dont care about other guys all the time but he just doesn't believe me or something.

• Well thats sad for you. But the good thing is that you can tell that he really loves you. And get sad when you are with other boys, scared of loosing you.

• some guys just are crazy jealous. Is he Armenian?

• nooo lol

• good luck. my Armenian friend lost his relationship cause of his extreme jealousy. He really really loved the girl but he lost her. She was his first love too so it's really painful. Now he is aware if his problem and is trying to control it.

Make sure ur bf is aware of his problem. With time u'r gonna be fed up with him and his jealousy and will lose attraction completely if he doesn't learn to control himself.

• Did you tell him that the other guy was gay? Personally I think it's alright.

What Girls Said 3

• he is overreacting and being a drama king. let him know how dumb he's acting. your friends boyfriend, your friend and a gay man? wow he needs to stop being insecure, that's really unattractive

• He's way to possessive. Be careful with these type of PEOPLE. They want to control and own you.

(there are also women who act like they own their boyfriend)

• Even if you're in a relationship, there's nothing wrong with having guy friends just like he can have girl friends.