Why does dating seem impossible?

When ever I try to socialize, I get ignored. When I help someone, I get stepped on. And yet when I dare to even look, someone else has found a girl, a trick, A FWB, whatever they want. At what point should I give up looking? When should I accept nobody wants to know me, and lock myself up?

Most Helpful Girl

• never accept it

• I'm breaking from the inside. Every time I see a couple I get emotional chest pains. Some days I wish I was blind to girls, at least then I wouldn't have to tell myself that it is not worth trying.

• Dying, giving up.. what does it matter when no one is significant in my life.

• You are significant

What Girls Said 2

• Love finds you when you aren't searching for it. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true. While you are focusing on other things and improving yourself, someone will begin to be interested in you and also you will be more attractive to them because you are doing your own thing, and you seem to not need anyone else. That's just how it happens. It will find you when you least expect it to.

• I doubt I'm going to find a girl playing video games. Music maybe, but no money in that.

• You can still play video games. Maybe you will meet her at video game store? A concert? Haha you never know. You could meet her when you are just doing something, when you are out.

• Just keep in mind, you will never have a successful love life or even relationship until you become comfortable with who you are, your opinions and beliefs, and set goals for yourself (even if they're not amazingly intricate or grand). You need to know who you are in order to attract anyone. Find some sort of inner peace and change your focus for a few months from relationships to making yourself happy. I promise it makes ALL the difference!

What Guys Said 2

• You should learn to stand up for yourself. That's 50% of your problem. The other 50% is working on yourself to be confident and learning better socially skills.

• It's hard to stand up when every one bashes you when you do. I also have acute anger issues and like to knock people out when I'm angry. Prison wouldn't be fun.

• Are you medically diagnosed as bipolar? Because if you are, then you know that there are 3 phases: hypomanic, manic (most consider this 1 phase, hence BI-polar) and depressive. Chances are you're only aggressive during your manic phases (if at all). During hypomanic, most people are very happy, sociable and productive. Either way, if its a medical condition then you need to seek medical help to have your medications adjusted appropriately. You need to be a mood-stabiliser (such as Lithium, Sodium Valproate) and a anti-depressant (when needed such Venlafaxine for e. g.).

I know if sucks if you've got a medical condition but don't let that stop you. Remember, people you meet on the street don't necessarily care. You need to do the best you can regardless, don't feel bad for yourself. Make the most of this life we've only got one shot at it and we're only young once.

• No response to that?

• You should never stop. If you do, it will be even harder when you decide you should restart.