How do u feel about neediness in a new relationship?

We have only been going out for about 2 months and he is always texting me ( yeah most girls would love that) he always wants to know what I'm doing on who I'm with. If I can't hang out with him he starts the " u don't like me anymore" or the " u probably have another guy"
I've never been one to get too emotional or attached to people don't get me wrong I like him jut not when he's all in my business
If I didn't like him I wouldn't be his girlfriend and I don't know how to tell him to back off just a little bit

Oh I forgot to say he gets mad and don't talk to me for like a day or 2 and when he sees that I don't mind he gets back at it

Most Helpful Guy

• Why dont you tell him what you said , tell him if i dont like you i wouldn't be your gf , tell him that you will go out with your friends , its okay to tell each other what you do , and at least call him before you go to sleep and tell him what happened to you he would love to listen and he would get used to hear your voice before sleeping and he would be more secure if you tell him about your day , if you dont like being this close you can always end it you just got to know each other , but i think if he does all this he really care and u r the only girl in his life dont you think its better of someone who would ignore you for days and hang out all the time with his friend instade of you , i understand his setuation because i was acting like him in only one realtionship out of six and the reason was only because i loved her more than them.

What Guys Said 4

• Hate it.

Don't get me wrong, affection is great, but there's that and then there's making your WHOLE life revolve around another person, as if you don't have your own interests or life to worry about, it's annoying.

• Either he's really head over heels in love, or he's very insecure and inexperiencd. Either way, you have a lot to navigate with him.

But maybe he has good points that make it worthwhile to tolerate his behavior.. for a while!

• I don't mind someone who has that kind of dedication in a relationship, but yeah when it's more about their jealousy and so on that's different I can see why that would be annoying.

• Tell him to GOOGLE "clinginess and it's effects" That'll fix the issue quick.

What Girls Said 5

• I think; It is all right to call your SO daily basis. Personally I love that. You call , text because you basically check if they are ok, they need sth how their day go etc. This does not have to even hours and hours. 'How are you, baby, how is everything etc' That is enough. You miss their voices. Simple.
    But this is life. You get busy , i get busy , they get busy. You might not have even that shortest time to say 'hi' Or You can hang out with other people. Of course you do. You do have a life. Or you are busy..

Yeah why not. At that point if the other part gets angry for this nonsense, yeah there exists some problem. I mean this is not about you do not care about him; so on so on. He is feeling insecure in this relationship.
    I do not know the reasons. He might have trust issues. He might have; cheated before. He might be insecure. Can be anything.

I mean you can not make him trust you. He needs to learn trusting people. It is not so bad as he thinks.
    People are not evil always. There are good people hopefully. Yeah people cheat , people lie. But you are his gf and you need to trust each other.

You are right about complaining; but this is not a solution. Talk to him. He needs just a little encouragement and try.

• iv had that.
    hate hate hate it. i really can't deal with it for too long. i tried my best to get over myself and remember that its out of love but honestly it got ridiculous. i felt like i was being chained. i had to let go. if u can deal with it better then that's awesome, but if not, please watch out.

• That's insecure. The ones who continue to do the same thing after you say what won't work don't change. I hate when a guy texts random things for attention.

• Oh man. I always stress to the new bf what turns me off and this is one of them. No one wants to be with someone so clingy unless they're that clingy themselves

• Oh god thats not just needy, but insecure and clingy. I'd run.