Why does it seem like white women are more open to dating outside their race than white men in America?

I see more and more white women with black men and I live in the south.

However, I have met white males who are openly against it and they have no problem telling me.

And no I am not white

Most Helpful Guy

• I’m all for interracial. It diminishes the appearance that a brother and sister are dating. Freakin two blonde head couples thinking they’re brother and sister and then they kiss im like 0_o Dont get me started on blacks but it’s a little different. Most black guys or gals seem to not even hang out with their siblings so that idea isn’t as strong.

Hate to mention it but there was this time I believed two Latinos were brother and sister. Had similar features, were bother over their weight, and acted very causal. Then I hear the other call em bebita (baby in Spanish) and kiss her. It threw me off lol.

What Guys Said 12

• Statistically white women and white men date inter-racially about as much in the u. s., but not in the same way. White women tend to be dating black men, white men tend to be dating Asian women.

Based on demographics, it would be interesting to see interracial dating by region. You might indeed find white females dating outside their race more than men do in certain regions, and less than men do in others, depending on the mix of Asians and blacks in that area.

From a survey standpoint, women, in general, seem to care more about race then men do, but that cuts both ways (i. e. white women may care more than white men, but non-white women white men would potentially date would care more than the non-white men white women would consider dating).

• People like what they like. The biggest problem is those that look at it like racists if you don't date all kinds. I am white. I have only dated white women. with the exception of maybe a Spanish but more white/spanish type woman I just would never date any other woman but a white woman. i am just not turned on by anything else. Doesn't mean anything more then that. You cannot control what turns you on. it does or it doesnt.

• Girls will be more open to date black men than men dating black women, but men will be more open to date Asian girls than the opposite. At least IMO.

PS: im white canadian, and 1 of the reason why i want lo go live in Korea is because i find Asian girls totally attractive ( there's also the fact that i want to become an English teacher there and that our generation in NA makes me sick)

• I can date outside my race? Really? Like legally?

I'll have to ponder upon this a little bit, this is an interesting new concept I should do research upon.

• Simple. We have common sense.

• White guys date interracially all the time mostly with Asian women or Latinas but I've started to see more white guys with black or mixed girls, I'm a white guy I hardly date my own race

• I think it's because they want something genetically different (penis size could play a factor x] )

• I'm from the southwest my last gf was black. I'm white.

• I'm open to other races. In fact I date outside my race I've only had 1 white girlfriend

• I believe data taken from online dating sites shows the opposite is true. That is, men are more likely to reach out to women of other races than vice versa.

• Regionally it is different but I see no difference. I am white and will date any female regardless of color if she tickles my fancy.

• White men usually go after Asian women if they leave their race.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it depends on how people are raised. My dad would have KILLED ME if I ever dated a black guy.. but my brother is with a dark skinned black girl. She is totally cool and laid back. My dad is not crazy about mixing, but my mom seems to be fine with it. Me, I am not against mixing, but I do think it is hard for kids if they are mixed. Especially where I live. Black and whites dont really get on so well. Yep I live in the south too. Its just how it is and has always been here. Some girls date black guys and guys date black girls.

• That's always the double standard... daddy doesn't want his lily white daughter "defiled" or made "impure" by a black guy.

• Keep scrolling down and you will see the user
      She wrote SOUTH

• ya I read it over.. annoying people who try to get a rise out of ya

• Studies have shown that to be untrue

• white men gone stale and can't expand their minds so they go elsewhere for the greener pastures.

• Because we are different in everything. Guys tend to think about what would their friends could say about them if they were dating someone outside their race. Or you can say that they're close minded.

• Because white women like dating guys with money, and these days men of different races are on top of the game right now...

• You live in the SOUTH**** That is your problem.

• You are pathetic

• SHUTUP

• Miss, it's not polite to talk about yourself like that.