Should I make the first move or wait for him to?

Yesterday a friend and I saw this guy I like at the store on campus. And my friend told me he looked in our direction and smiled, but he bit his lower lip to keep from smiling too big. We continued walking but we ended up walking behind him back to his dorm. Whilst walking he glanced back a little and continued walking. This isn't the only encounter I've had with him. In the dining hall he stood across from us but from a distance and he, again, stared in our direction and watched us for awhile.

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this situation, but what does all of this mean: Could he like me? He's very quiet and likes to keep to himself. I would love to talk to him but I'm afraid of rejection.

Any sort of insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't make the first move and don't wait for him to do it. Just date guys who show interest in you. Pretend you don't notice guys who don't clearly show interest in you.

• Well I think he is somewhat showing interest in me. But that's why I would want to talk to him first to see if he's actually interested..

• That makes sense. But why isn't it worth it? Do you strongly feel that it'd be a waste of my time to talk to him or try pursuing him?

• I don't know. I had a bad experience when I talked to a guy first. This makes me never do it again.

What Guys Said 2

• He's just interested that's all. About what, it's up to you. And if u make the first move.. By god! You are the real MVP, your a rare and lucky one is like to be with. If not just talk to him and see wha he wants.

• Well I do like him and I'm not sure if he likes me which is why I want to talk to him to see where his head's at. Then hopefully it progresses.

• Same here, good luck and remember your going wha most girls wouldn't do. That's a winner in my book.

• Generally, the guy involved makes the first move, at least from what I've seen. However, that doesn't mean that you can't. I believe personally that guys usually make the first move due to our "animal" nature. Men want to appesr as a suitable partner to women. It's like that for just about every single race on the planet. Therefore, men like to show confidence and a go-get-'em attitude. Girls like confidence.

• So you're suggesting I wait for him to talk to me or make the first move?

• I'm suggesting that you do what you think is the right choice. If you feel like you should make the first move, then go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• I have personally walked up to a person that I admired for a distance, in front of his friend, shook his hand and introduced myself. We dated for two years after that. lol
    I say make the first move. It may be awkward but smile through it! :)

• Thanks! This is really nice to know. :)