My gf doesn't dress feminine.. she's very pretty but she dresses like a tomboy and no makeup.. How can I bring this up?

My gf doesn't dress feminine.. she's very pretty but she dresses like a tomboy and no makeup.. How can i bring this up?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's how I was in my past relationships. It always bothered my exes. I thought guys like "natural beauty" and prefer no makeup? Pffft my ass. Guys like the "pretty little princess" types. Sometimes us tomboys cannot even compete.
    Just ask her to maybe dress up a little? Don't force her, but say something like "I loved that dress you were wearing the other day. Do you have anymore like that? That style suits you."
    I know I dress for comfort. I hate dressing like a chick. But other tomboys don't mind.

• I ask her nicely. I said could you just once in awhile?

• Lol yea, but we dress for comfort! Do you know how uncomfortable dresses, jeans, tight shirts, bras, etc are? I don't wear that unless I go out. And even then, I really won't dress up by normal feminine standards. I've gone to parties in sweatpants. I'm more extreme though because I just love loose, baggy clothing.
      Compliment her though. Tell her "that outfit you had looked really nice, I think that fits your style".
      My 2 exes had a problem with my non feminine way of dress too. So I agreed with them when we went out on dates in public to dress up. But no makeup. Makeup is a pain in the ass.

What Girls Said 5

• she's your gf that means you became her bf knowing this is how she is. this IS how she is. its her. you want someone else dart someone else.

iff she told you shed be morse comfortable if you wore dresses, would you think that was acceptable and would you do it?

you dont get in a relationship with someone to try to change them.

• I do love her.. She wore dresses when we dated

• well you can tell her you love how she looks in this or that. you know showing appreciating as apposed to disapproval:)

• I think you misunderstood

• Being a tomboy myself, I don't feel comfortable if a friend or someone close asks me to dress feminine. You can't go a pressure her to do so. But as the other have said, you can hint her, she might dress for you, on special ocassions.

• If she's your girlfriend you should love and accept her for the way she is and this is how she is :) ... right? o:

• You don't. You accept her how she is now.. You knew how she was before you got with her. Stop trying to change her.

• Saying how you feel, while also being polite and considerate of her feelings is what you should be keeping in mind! Make sure the way you phrase it isn't critical of her appearance now. For example, "I haven't seen you wear that red dress in a while, did you know it's my favorite on you?" or "How do you feel about getting all dressed up and going somewhere nice?" (with effort on your part as well to look sharp). In the end, you can't make her change if she doesn't want to, of course, but I feel that in most situations a girlfriend will compromise.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't let the women here get you down for expecting a FEMININE girlfriend. God forbid men prefer femininity of their partners.

• I know right.. Otherwise we'd be with dudes right

• Women today want to have their cake and eat it too. They expect men to be masculine but they expect us to accept them as masculine too.

Just say no. We men are tired of compromising and giving up what we want so women can have everything they want. There needs to be a little balance for a change.

• Yep.. Couldn't agree with u more

• Just tell her that you would like to see her dress up once in a while. Both people should be open to some compromise. You shouldn't expect her to change who she is and wear a dress and us makeup all the time, but asking her to do it a little more often is fine. Just like she might want you to do something for her once in a while.