Boyfriend slammed me against wall what do I do?

We were in an argument. We were both yelling at eachother. Then he got so mad that he graved me by my arms and slammed me against a wall. he pined me there for a second then backed off. He did not hit me. It was very scary. then he said look what I made him do. Know A day has past and he is saying he is sorry. He will never do that agen. He says he did not mean to do that. What do I do. We have been together for 5 years this is the first time he ever touched me in any way like that. We were supposed to get married at the end of the month. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there a few things you can do first thing is to realize that you may wined up marrying a man that will abuse you that being said the first thing to ask is if you really still want to be with him? It's okay to say no and to stop the wedding you have that choice and you should highly consider that choice i would if i were you because if you are abused in the marriage then get divorced then the wedding was all for nothing any ways. So you are left with two choices after you stop the wedding you can choose to leave him and be done right now, or you can delay the wedding and set it for a different date instead then you and him can get counseling witch is what i truthfully believe you should do. Clearly he is having issues and he is not able to deal with them properly in a grown and civil manner which is where counseling benefits especially if you're wanting to marry this man. then If the counseling goes well and you feel that with counseling you can marry him then do so, that being said be cautious with that choice though. The second thing that may happen is that you feel he is not doing well in counseling and feel that you can not marry him and you completely stop the wedding and leave him based on the simple fact that he has physically harmed you and that counseling did nothing to improve him or the situation and that's fine because you took the proper steps in delaying the wedding and looked for counseling and guidance, so with that you can make the choice knowing that you have done the right things and taken the right and proper steps for yourself. I would suggest to everyone in the situation you are in to postpone the wedding and seek counseling and decide after that if the wedding should continue or not. I hope my words can be understood and can bring you perspective to such a difficult situation. I wish you luck and that you are happy In what ever you choose to do in life.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not a good sign that he blamed you for his being violent.
    You were right to be scared.
    Basically, if he pushed/slammed you, he hit you.
    And this is during a time when he likes you, in the prime of courting.
    I don't know your guy, so ask some of your friends that know him, what they think.
    They have a better perspective, and can see things that you can't.
    Love being blind and all...

• Well, no matter how heated a argument gets a guy should walk away
    when a argument gets really bad , you have every right to be scared

• sometimes i forget how wonderful single life is

• You really have no idea what to do? Tell him it's over and you never want to see him again then go to the police station and file a restraining order against him. Then move on with your life without ever talking to him again EVER..
    In reality you won't do any of this and I just wasted 2 minutes of my life typing this

What Girls Said 8

• It depends... maybe it was just a really weird reaction because he was out of his mine. People do and say lots of things when they're angry.
    It depends on what you were arguing for. If it was a sensitive subject for him he may just lost his temper.
    If you say you're about to get married after 5 years of relationship, then you need to know what triggered that gesture and based of his normal behaviour, if he's going to repeat himself.
    In the worst case scenario he'll develop an aggressive attitude toward you.
    You need to talk to him and make it clear you're not going to forget this anytime soon.

• Were u provoking him, he shouldn't have done that but it does take two to fight. U have to accept some of the responsibility. As for what u should do, don't let fights escalate to that point in the future. He has apologized and it seems he truly did not want to hit u

• If you marry this guy, It'll only get worse. He's sick. And that line "look what you made me do", shows he hasn't taken any responsibility for his actions. He will do it again and eventually he will do worse.

• you write him a sonnet in iambic pentameter. duh.

• THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT.
    Talk to someone you know is mentally healthy and that you trust.
    You have a right to be scared and upset.
    You didn't provoke him. He didn't have a right to lay his hands on you. Ever.
    It's hard leaving. Don't settle. I care.

• Leave. Been there done that and before it happened I talked a lot of shit like that's not going to be me etc but it only gets worse no matter how situ they are or how the bland it in you. Don't be the girl that dues because if done guy who beats you. Be it by his hand or you losing yourself because of him.

• any use of force is violence i would be particularly worried that he also blamed u after - please google signs of a violent man/ abuser and about controlling men.

leave him and never look back if i were u as they do not change and it will happen again ask ur brothers male friends.

nobody wants to end up being a downtrodden bedraggled beat on woman with a zillion kids

stay safe

• How can you know someone for 5 years and not know he was like that? Did you provoke him? It takes 2 to tango

• my told me when he was a kid my grandmo9ther used to attack my granddad with pans and sometimes knives, my dad told me he wasn't surprised when he came home one day and said he was leaving her for another women, because my grandmother was a lunatic and quite frankly she still is