Inner Beauty or Outer Beauty? Which attracts you more to a person?

Between the two, which do you feel is a more important feature to a person in order for you to be attracted to then?

Inner Beauty includes an individual's personality, beliefs, ambitions, attitude, views, etc.

Outer Beauty includes an individual's facIal looks, body figure, statute, etc.

• Definitely Outer Beauty
  • Kinda More So Outer Beauty
  • 50/50 between Inner and Outer Beauty
  • Kinda More So Inner Beauty
  • Definitely Inner Beauty

Most Helpful Girl

• INNER BEAUTY 1000000000000000000000000%

What Girls Said 14

• First, I have to find them physically attractive (my standards aren't extremely high). Secondly, in order to maintain attractiveness they have to have a great personality (attractiveness goes down for me when they turn out to be mean). Thirdly, I'm not attracted to guys who are in relationships. Maybe it's just me, but when they're taken, they're no longer a 10. Lol.

• I'm not going to be hypocritical, but I have to be attracted to the person first to then be attracted to the persons inner beauty, if you're talking about relationships. Friendship doesn't matter how you look like, a friend is a friend no matter what.

• Inner beauty 100%.

• I can't be hypocrite and say outer beauty doesn't matter. In the start, that's all that matters. But if you want to last, without inner beauty you don't have a chance.

• Initially it is always outer beauty. After I get to know the person, it'more like 75/25 inner to outer :)

• Initially (if we're talking about romantic relationships) outer beauty makes me want to get to know that person.

• Voted D.
    I have no patience for inner ugliness on anyone

• If I am looking at a celebrity, it's just outer beauty, I guess... Or 50/50.

If it's someone that I am interested in/like, it's inner beauty that matters the most to me.

• About 50/50. I've been thought at a young age to take care of the way I look, to do this, to do that ALL for men. These days I try to focus on my education but I get insecure if I do not look my absolute best all the time. If they can't at least show some self care I can't fall in love. Unless they are so provoking that they change my outlook.

• What attracts you to another person at the first sight is definitely outer beauty, but what keeps you hooked to that person is the inner beauty!

• 50/50, personality is the most important thing but I have to be attracted to my partner.

• 50/50 between Inner and Outer Beauty

• The person has to be both good looking and with a good heart.

• Outer beauty. Although I don't care too much if he is slightly overweight. He has to have a perfect face though. I don't care about anything else. I won't get to know a guy unless his face is good-looking. If it's not then I don't want to get to know him at all. I won't even be friends with people (girl or guy) who don't have perfect faces. I hate ugly faces and I can't stand to look at them. They're fucking disgusting. If his face passes the test, then he has to have a good personality. If his personality isn't good enough then I don't want him. It's very rare though. The thing is bodies can change, but the face can't. My current boyfriend had to go through a lot before I would accept him. He's very lucky to have a woman like me. He was a bit of an idiot when we first met but he wanted me so bad that he was willing to change. Now I have him wrapped around my finger. :)

What Guys Said 14

• Inner more than outer.

I cannot get super pretty girls. Though I haven't tried. They turn me off. Because their looks often gives them a sense of arrogance or pride and the way that they carry themselves is pretty much a turn-off. Not to mention the looks they give when they have to talk to someone who's considered kind of ugly. Pretty people hang out with pretty people. I don't like that.

But girls who are not so pretty, I tend to find them more frank and easier to talk to. They are very down-to-earth and have often found other sources of entertainment other than socializing. It makes them very interesting people to converse and spend time with. They regard loyalty and trust as a big thing, and I find our values more often align than not. They are also more humble and willing to laugh at themselves and aren't as mean.

So I don't like outer beauty at all. And I prefer inner beauty that connects me to her as an individual.

• I prefer inner beauty over outer beauty. If you are a supermodel with a shit personality, I won't find you attractive.

• personality vs looks, huh? I'd say personality 60-65% and looks 35-40%.

• Outer beauty is what attracts me, Inner beauty is what will keep me with her.

• I'd like to say Inner beauty however I can't lie to myself at the end of the day a girl could be a "Beautiful Person" but not hot and I would never think of her as more than a friend. I would never like a girl as more than a friend if she wasn't hot Inner beauty will keep me around but if the girl doesn't have the outer beauty to begin with I won't be around at all.

• Outer beauty makes me say hi, inner beauty makes me determine if I should continue the relationship or not

• Outer beauty to get attracted, inner beauty required to become more interested.

• Outer beauty to me... as long as she doesn't have any major personality flaws, I'm down with whatever.

• 50/50, but if a chick is drop dead gorgeous and has a shit personality, no thanks. Awesome personality, 7/8-10 looks.

• For sure not A & E. I would say somewhere between C & D for me.

• I won't answer via poll. The truth for me is that initially I find outer beauty attractive, then inner beauty effects the course of things.

• 5 guys on "Kinda More So Inner Beauty" are lying. I am the only one who actually believes that.

• How can you say for sure that you're the only one who believes that? You don't know them. :P

• Because most guys lie about that kind of stuff to feel better about themselves. I genuinely believe it, unlike them.

• The ones that voted A are the most honest and aren't trying to be politically correct like those who voted C, D, and E

• Inner beauty is more important but she must have some outer beauty too