What's the best compliment you've ever received and why was it special?

I've found that they are usually very specific, very small things that resonated with us over the years.

Most Helpful Guy

• When my friends' daughter was just a few months old, my friends approached me and asked if I would adopt her if anything were ever to happen to them.

I can think of no higher honor. I tear up when I think about it. I'm tearing up a little now.

Some years later, my friend told me he thought I would be a great father. His daughter and his son both chimed in, "You're a great daddy, Uncle [Bluemax]!" I was very touched.

What Girls Said 15

• I had sought the help of a guy to help me out with getting into the subject of my choice in engineering. I admit I was indulging in corruption. I was dumb enough to do that, but I had gotten selected in "Transportation," but wanted to get into "Telecommunications" badly. On the day I met him first, he made a bitter comment - "Beggars can't be choosers." I was humiliated. Then, I decided even if the guy does ultimately help me out (it would've happened at the end of 2 semesters), I will not accept it

I worked very hard and scored distinction in both the semesters exams, and was placed 5th in the list of those who applied for transfer of subject, so I earned it without anybody's help. It was then that guy (he was dying with cancer I was told) told my cousin who met up with him, "She wanted the change of subject so badly, she had decided she will get it all on her own." It was my sweet revenge as well as one of my emotional turning points. I received that compliment from a total stranger and hence I feel it carries more weight.

• On a more lighter note... recently my BF called me "pretty" and a "natural beauty." I know it was honest, so its very special :)

• My boyfriend once told me dat he was vry happy to have me in his lyf, he loves my eyes my lips my voice my behaviour nd my simplicity... he told me dat i have earned a vry spcl place in his lyf which is only and only mine no matter whether we will be together or not in the future... it was the best compliment ever coz it made me feel like i was at the top of the world and as he rarely give such complements to me without teasing...

• I was a sophomore in high school and I gave a big presentation at a conference. Afterwards, one of the judges pulled me a side and told me that I was a powerful and eloquent speaker that has the potential to impact a lot of people. I was glowing for the entire rest of the day haha.

• I really enjoy it when people smile so big and call me a smartass. If I was a cat, that would perk up my ears. Speaking of cats, my boyfriend calls me kitten a lot. So, I suppose my favorite and most meaningful compliment would be... "You're such a smaetass, Kitten. I love you." It means a lot to me

• i don't remember. i defenestrate compliments.

• Learning how to accept a compliment graciously is a tough thing to learn how to do!

• Ahh well next time just try and accept a compliment! If you don't agree or you may be slightly insecure with someone it's easy to disagree. But when you learn to smile warmly and just say 'Thank you' It becomes easier and easier to say Thank you again. Like the asker says graciously accepting a compliment casn be tough to learn, but it is way easier than you think. Just act :)

• ''you're so good at what you're doing. Don't give up girl, even if the society will try to put you down''
    I will never forget the words of my teacher. He was the first who encourage me to work harder and excel on writing

• Would love to see some of your writing! I'm a writer also! Find my email and show me what you've got! (Figuratively, of course!) ;-)

• Unfortunately, I still believe in my country, even if the culture isn't promovate. I don't write in English yet, but if I can't make people read and develop interest in that area on the next few years, I will probably try to address to the exterior.
      Romania is such a beautiful country but there are so few people who still put a price on culture...
      But if you speak romanian, sure :))

• This was a week or two ago, I had just finished a very difficult chemistry quiz and had stopped by the library to get a hot drink to cheer myself up on the way back to the dorms. Suddenly, a girl waves me over, tells me that she's an art major and asks to take pictures of me for her art project. She kept complimenting my face and telling me I was pretty. It seems shallow, but it really helped to cheer me up that day.

• Someone said they liked the color of my skin

• Someone told me I have a beautiful soul, and it wasn't a friend or even a close acquaintance, nor a psychic lol

• someone told me once i looooooovvve your eyes they just are so shiny hah that was a compliment that came out of no where it was just soo...*.*

• Sometimes I'll like or comment on my best friends post or say something embarrassing and he calls me cute afterwards. It makes my day.

• Compliments from kids. Theyre special because they are sincere.

• nothing really :/

• My boyfriend told me I had the biggest heart out of anyone he had ever met, which was a reason why he loved me so much. And at 29, with all the different people he has met and stays in contact with, that was a big thing and meant an awful lot to me.
    Unfortunately he had been a complete tool to me, treated me so badley while we were away on a long holiday after his opperational tour, so at the time (he broke up with me when he was drunk so I had to go it alone in Thialand for a few days until he came to appologise) I could not think of anything nice to say back.
    Not one thing. But it was his choice to be and say such horrid things to me with time and when he started being good to me again months later I can now remember reasons why I love him.

• Hopefully his acting like a tool hasn't affected your big heart. It would be the worlds loss if it did effect your big heart

What Guys Said 5

• That I have a cute laugh and dimples.
    Quite random but I appreciated it more than being told I was hot or whatever :P

• Exactly. I've never had someone tell me, "You're super hot!" as their best. It's usually specific and doesn't necessarily sound huge, but it is.

• "omg your voice is perfect!!"
    I was sick and my voice actually sucked at the time, so I new she was trying hard haha :)

• When my first coach told me that I have out done anything could show or teach me. And that I needed to go find new and other coaches/instructors.

• That I will be an amazing father when I eventually have children of my own. I think that is one of the nicest things a woman can say to a man. It was special because she was sincere when she told me that.

• u are an asshole followed by a kiss :P