Who's proud to be white? I am.

Just going through my first year in uni and work. I realise that the notion of white privilege is prevalent.. I can get virtually any girl I want (both in real life and online), have a leg up when applying for jobs, and am overall, generally more welcome to parties and social events.
Not being racist, just stating my life experience. I have plenty of ethnic friends who complain about the opposite of everything I mentioned above.
Seriously.. the girl part is the best.. I get plenty of female attention from girls of all backgrounds and I don't even look like a model.

Most Helpful Guy

• I appreciate the fact that I inherited white privilege, however it is nothing to be proud of. Why would we be proud? We didn't earn it. We simply stumbled into it by being born.
    Be proud of something that you actually accomplish.

• You don't have to earn it, just enjoy it. Who said the world's meant to be fair haha

• It's a birthright and it's advantageous that's why.

• “I could never understand ethnic or national pride. Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn’t a skill, it’s a fuckin’ genetic accident. You wouldn’t say ‘I’m proud to be 5’11”. I’m proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer.’ So why the fuck would you be proud to be Irish, or proud to be Italian, or American or anything?” -George Carlin

What Girls Said 27

• 4|8
  • 6|7
  • Acknowledging that you have white privilege is one thing, being PROUD of it is sketchy.

If you're so proud why are you anon?

• Haha, he was giving some other guy shit for not having enough private info public.

• People aren't afraid to associate themselves with something they feel proud of. PS having a job and going to school doesn't attest to your character in the least.

• There's a difference between fear and tact, which you don't seem to have the capacity to comprehend. Either that, or you madly want to know who I am ;)

• 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../funny-justin-bieber.jpg

This is WAYYY more interesting.

• Proud to be brown. I quite like the color of my skin. It looks toasty.

• Uh, I'd be proud of any shade my skin was -I just happen to be white. Racism starts at people like you. Instead of digres7s and sliding back, why not rise above it and bring yourself to the same level of any shade of skin.

When the world is falling apart, people of all color will need to rise together to survive.

Go forward instead of back. The world would be much more beautiful and a lot less egotistic.

• Interesting, since white guys constantly complain about how white men are "oppressed".

• You are just one of the many out there

• No, why would I be proud of something that I have neither accomplished nor is a benefaction anyway?

• Racism exists because of people like you -.-

• How does being proud make one a racist? I just mentioned I have plenty of non-white friends.

• im 18 in two weeks so what now you're also an ageist? I am impressed

• that's true!

• Proud is not the right word. It's not like being born white can be considered an achievement. You can be happy to be white, sure, but I just don't understand where you get the pride from. Also you said you weren't being racist, and then proceeded to say how much better it is to be white. I personally don't think being white gives you an advantage, and it definitely doesn't get you more girls. At least not where I come from. I'm not criticizing your opinion, but I disagree :)

• Wanna cookie?

• Clap clap. Spread your legs and your seeds. You're the 'alpha' male where some ethnic would kill to be u... I appreciate your honesty.

• Really now?
    Good for you?
    lol
    Lame

• being eurasian is way more fun ♡
    you can be the prince and star as romeo like shirota yu ♥︎

• I wouldn't say I'm proud to be mixed race, but im pretty fucking glad. Britons believe that mixed race people are the most attractive and successful people.
    Guys of all ethnicities approach me, I'm a model and pretty successful 🙌🙌🙌

• Good for you. Your white. NO ONE CARES! Lifes privledges are what we create them to be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Every race has issues, even white people. There are many ethnic CEO 's out there that run companies just as well or better than a white person. Your "proud to be white and privledged" mentality won't take you very far in this day and age. So again I say good for you for being proud of your race but who cares?

• Nice to know life has been good to u. U r one lucky man!

• LOL, you should read this site more often and see how many guys complain in here thatn they can't get girls, whether in real life or online.

• I'm proud of being white. It really has advantages

• Yeah I couldn't imagine not being white and trying to enjoy my hobbies which include skiing, playing guitar, tennis, and participating in equestrian events lol

• I'm not "proud to be white" but I do enjoy being white. If I wasn't white I probably wouldn't have been a cheerleader in highschool.

• i am! White poweer!

• Well, than I guess you were lucky to be born that way. Nothing to be proud of you just happened to be born as white in america instead of some starving man in an third world country.

• Kinda hard to be proud of the fact that you happened to be born with a certain skin tone, actually. And regardless, no. It kinda sucks because everyone expects you to be a racist like you, even if you're not. There's a lot things you can't say and a lot of people of different races assume you won't like them because you're white. If you've got money and you're white they roll their eyes... if you have married parents and you're white they roll their eyes... if you talk properly and you're white they roll their eyes... if you're an academic achiever and you're white they roll their eyes... meanwhile if a person of a different race is any of the above, they get a slap on the back and everyone admires them.

• I like being a white woman. But at times I do envy other ethnities.

• Proud to have/be something you didn't work for is stupid.

Maybe glad is the word you're looking for.

• No, I mean proud.
      Stupid? What's intelligence got to do with being proud of who you are?

What Guys Said 28

• A white person being proud of being white and a black person being proud because he's black is completely different. For years blacks have suffered racism and oppression simply because of their skin colour. We've have been and continue to be viewed negatively by society due to it. So being proud of being black is merely meant to help uplift an already oppressed minority while whites haven't had to suffer that same type of oppression based solely on their skin colour.

• My guess is you are not white, but instead, trying to make a point about "white privilege" ^=^
    because surely if you are so proud... ya wouldn't hide behind anon? O_o

• My guess is you're some jealous non-white who doesn't like to see a white man proud of his heritage.
      That's like me asking you why you don't publish your real name and contact details if you're so outspoken?

• You're fixation with the concept of me pretending to be a white, and hiding my username seriously serves no purpose neither for you nor for me. The point I'm making with my analogy about your own hypocrisy is, which you quite correctly identified, senseless.
      I'll allow you to carry on like a little baby and have the last say.. it's not going to change anything.

• How is it hypocrisy? Have i stated in proud to be white? No
      is my profile private? (not that i know of)
      am i anon? No

all of which, you have done :3
      simple... you claim to be so proud... therefore, by definition... why would you hide who you are? If ya so proud that is :3
      but hey.. call me a baby, yet make no sense with any of your ramblings (you may call them arguments) ^_^ w. e makes you feel better little fella

• I think racial pride is a joke concept regardless of who it comes from. Taking pride in something you had no hand in doing, or took no work to accomplish, is just ridiculous in my eyes. It's one of the things that perpetuates the myth that there is more than one race of human.

• It's a myth that there's more than one human race?

• Hopefully, this all isn't news to you. Scientifically speaking, there is only one race of human. You're putting too much weight on the subjective classifications society uses to label people who look different from themselves

• You actually suffer from an inferiority complex and my guess is because of your dark skin. You are indirectly trying to instigate the users to proclaim that white skin is not at all attractive and that they find dark skinned folks attractive. You are one real insecure creep !!! Nice try anyway

• I'm not proud for something I was born into.. I'm proud of my personal achievements. I think racial pride is very strange but more power to you.

• Sure I'm proud to be white. Caucasians, us, came up with Western Civilization, which has been the single best society mankind has seen yet.

And hey, just look around. In whatever time period, can you find a society that was better to it's people than the Western nation of that time?

Or better to it's people today than in the USA/Western Europe? Caucasian built society/Western Civilization is still pretty much the best place to live in this planet.

• I enjoy my heritage quite a bit, and am proud to be related to many well known people. I do enjoy having blond hair and blue eyes. I'll admit my looks have given me certain privileges I don't think I'd have otherwise. Happy to be of Nordic ancestry and I like being me.

I'm not so sure about the whole white and proud. Just like being who I am and love my family history. I don't identify with Caucasians in general though.

• I <3 Chris Pratt hahaa

• I'm brown, I've learned that all girls love chocolate ;) they down with the brown nom sayin?

• Hwell Hot diggity damn! You sound wonderful! I bet every woman who reads this ends up impregnated just because you're so awesome!

• I'm proud of my white privilege too. All these cute brown girls on here are always messaging me. Go Patriarchy! :P

• I'm proud of the achievements and good things my people have brought into this world. So yes, I am proud of my people. I do not however think that we are any better than other people. All people are different

• Race is a concept for people who want to label other and distinguish them as something in particular. Its not my idea so no I wouldn’t be proud of something I did not even come up with myself. I have other ways of being privileged. Either by character, work, and the amount of might I put into myself. Race? Yeah doesn't matter what I am or if im privileged in a sense of race, I can push that to the side and let the weak people deal with it.

• Honestly I would like to have a tan all year round after all my penis stays tanned why can't the rest of me? lol funny but true. The girl thing seems to have at least some truth to it cause it seems girls of all races get their panties in a bunch once in awhile, I just got to learn to capitalize on my chances :)

• I don't think we should point fingers at privilege. Its ends up with a messy debate and nothing happens. Whether your white, black, asian, latino, etc. you can and will have problems that at not mutually exclusive. We should focus on eliminating these problems rather than bitching about who is worse off.

• I think it's OK for you to be proud. Just don't be a white supremacist and look down on other race.

• Finally, someone who is on the same page. I treat all people equally, but at the same time, I can't deny that society does offer white privilege, and I'm just happy to enjoy the benefits of that.
      Most of these other commenters are either self-righteous in their philosophies or jealous.

• Well I get you. I have learned that white people have privilege in our society and I'm not denying it also. About the part of you being proud of your race yeah I think it's ok because I'm also proud of my own race. It would be hypocritical of me to say that's not right when I feel the same about my race... The problem would only come if people would become supremacist and look down on others because of that. That's not right.

• I wish i was black like my brother..

• Not proud but I generally like being white, except for in the summer when my skin burns :(

• I'm just as proud to be white in the current day as I would be if I was black or Asian or anything. Because it doesn't or shouldn't affect my life, but I am disgusted at what us whiteys have done over the years.

• We've built up a modern world. I'm proud of our innovation and progress.

• How?
      Because I myself am an avid supoprter of progress and innovation, and condemn attrocities. I have no reason to accept responsibility for gruesome acts committed by others who had differing views to me.

• Then you have no reason to accept responsibility for progress and innovation.
      Being proud of something like that is stupid.

• Lmao, identity issues much?

• "Seriously.. the girl part is the best.. I get plenty of female attention from girls of all backgrounds and I don't even look like a model."

It's true. Personally, I'd rather have honesty than those who know such advantages/disadvantages exist, but refuse to admit that such disparities exist.

• Also, I don't condemn you for being proud about it. In my opinion, the issue isn't your pride - the real issue is that such inequality exists.

Do we criticize people who inherit gorgeous aesthetic genetics? Because they are most certainly proud of it - something they didn't work for. Even in this scenario the issue isn't their pride - the root of the problem is society attributing "greater value" to said inherited aesthetics.

• I wouldn't say that im super proud for being born white but when I am dealing with some peeps with rasicst views on the world it can help from time to time

• Proud of what? What exactly have you accomplished? I guess you're probably one of those stromfront weirdos who imagine themselves as Conquistadors and Romans.

• The title with the description is completely different. You want to know if Im proud to be white? Yes I am. No matter how much society wants to make us believe its a bad thing to be proud of, I will always be.

• Dude, getting girls has nothing to do with your skin bruh lol. Quit fooling. I wish you were at my Uni and see you in person because that's straight bs. I see dudes get shot down all the time. You gotta have game dawg, and workout. But you gotta spit game.

• The biggest double standard in the Western World.

White Pride - racist.

Black Pride - not racist at all.

I am White, but I wouldn't say I was proud of my race, it's just my skin colour.

• I don't care. I'm not gonna be proud of something I did nothing to get