So at what point does a girl become your 'girlfriend'?

I mean don't just say when you 'go official' because that is ridiculous for most people past school age. What i'm asking is when it is considered normal for you to consider your girl your girlfriend and to talk to others about her as such?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would introduce her as your girlfriend to someone and if she doesn't correct you... you'll know. Most women (not all) are just as confused as you are right now and wondering the exact same thing. They don't want to scare the guy off or make any assumptions so they don't ask either... most of us wait for that "enlightening" moment where "our guy" introduces us as "his girl"... and when he does... we're smiling a really big smile on the inside... on the outside we act natural as if we already knew that LOL

What Girls Said 6

• It's really up to the couple to determine when they are bf/gf. I think once you are dating exclusively (meaning you're not seeing anyone else and you've deleted online profiles/Tinder profile), then you can say that she is your girlfriend. You can definitely talk about it with her, and I'd recommend that instead of springing the girlfriend label on her when you introduce her to new people, lol. It's good to be on the same page about such things.

• Been wondering this too!!! Its like we have jump through certain obstacles before we are good enough to be the girlfriend... Even though we still have to listen to all their problems and do all the girlfriend things...

• when people refer to her as your girlfriend, and you don't want to protest. that's when you consider her your girlfriend.

• After a fair few dates and a kiss would probably be the right phrase of bf/gf. I assume you have been dating in a short time so say how you feel about her without being too deep with your words such as love you and that.

• I thought you dated for awhile and then someone asks like "So are we boyfriend and girlfriend now?" And if it's yes then it's yes. Or if that doesn't happen then after like a month of dating I'd say she's your girlfriend.

• When you formally ask her to be your girlfriend. LOL.

What Guys Said 3

• you can mention her whenever you want to whoever you want if she's your girlfriend. and I don't really know how else to answer it because literally she is your girlfriend when you two decide it is official. I don't assume dates, exclusively dating, and relationship status, all those have to be defined and established.

• I would have to say, honestly, that first you have to ask the person to be your boyfriend or girlfriend and that they would have to agree before you can "officially" call them your girlfriend or boyfriend.

• its hard to believe that when a girl tells everyone that you're her boyfriend without you knowing it, your just ganna be so happy that you forgot how this happened hahaha